1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Difference between being redemptively "in Christ" versus Representatively in Christ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dr. Walter, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

I don't think anyone disagrees with you here. Salvation is not in doctrine but in the person and work of Jesus Christ. However, no sinner will turn to Christ until God does a work of grace in their soul that changes their enmity (hatred - Jn. 3:19-21) and refusal to submit to God (Rom. 8:7).

Nothing prevents the greatest sinner from coming to Christ except his own depraved resistant will and nothing changes that rebellious will into a submissive will but the grace of God.

2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Salvation

Who can save me from this body of death praise be to Jesus.

You and me and everyone is in death, with no hope. We are headed for death.

Through the words of Jesus it changes all that you believe.

His word is Spirit and life. His word provides two paths to believe turn to Him and live or not and continue in death. His word provides us the ability to do what you believe we cannot.

It only takes us to go away from all that we believe about our dead self and turn to Christ to have life.

If anyone turns to Jesus even the one's you believe cannot Jesus will remove the veil.

What you believe is impossible is possible with God.

If there is hope for me the worst of sinners then their is hope for anyone who believes even those you think have no hope.

3. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Saved by grace through faith

We are saved by grace but not by grace alone but grace through faith. The faith we get from God through the words of Jesus.The faith teaches us that we are all sinners deserving nothing and the wages of our sin is death. So we have to trust in Jesus to save us because we can't save ourselves because of our debt.

God throughout scripture tells us to trust in the Lord and has no problem with it, to Him it doesn't take away His grace. It is only men who believe this takes away from the grace of God to trust in the Lord.

Who thinks we are debt free?

Romans 13:8
    [ Love, for the Day is Near ] Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.