1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Different interpretations based on different interpretations.... lol

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TheOldRanger, Dec 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

As I said you can have strong feelings about the RCC institution and even voice those opinions but you should not call into question the salvation status of those that are members of the RCC. You are not the judge of their soul. While the comments and actions may cause you to come to certain conclusions, questioning whether someone is saved or not can get you banned.

Just a friendly word of warning, tread lightly.

2. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As I said, Not me, but the Word of GOD -the Word is GOD, self-executing, understand?, through Paul Apostle, combined with 1John 2:18-19(take a look), says by his universal epistle to the church of Rome chapter 1:18-32, as follow:

18 For the WRATH of God is revealed from heaven(heaven?Ephesians 1:3-8 about true believers) against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of GOD is manifest in them; for GOD hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Spiritual condition of the Apostate Church of Rome and its idolatries -
    21 Because that, when they knew GOD, they glorified Him not as GOD, neither were thankful; but BECAME VAIN in their imaginations, and their FOOLISH HEART was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

26 For this cause GOD gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

The Word is GOD, self-executing. One of the 7 heads of The Beast will be wounded to death. Revelation 13:3 and 14. Take a look.

3. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Unscriptural. She didn’t “became with child”

“ You will conceive and bear a son”

Mary conceived.

You have to decide whether He was conceived in sin of sinful flesh of Mary, or immaculate flesh of Mary.

“Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. 5 For I was born a sinner— yes, from the moment my mother conceived me. ”

If you say Mary was a sinner, you are saying Jesus was a sinner as well.

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You obviously do not know your bible but then again why would you since you are not allowed to read your bible and actually trust what it says. You have to have the RCC tell you what the verses mean so you have to depend upon their private interpretation.

You should take to heart what Paul said:
    Gal 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
    Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

So I have to wonder why you would trust the RCC as we know they have altered the gospel message. So they have proven themselves untrustworthy.

5. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bible says Mary conceived, this dude is saying Mary “became with child “ “ No conception needed “

“You will conceive and bear a son”

I’m holding you guys to scripture, believe it.

Jesus wasn’t “implanted”.

Jesus was flesh of her flesh, do not call that flesh sinful. You dishonour Jesus calling Him a sinner by that.

6. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My question was...So God was powerless to keep Jesus from sin even though the Holy Spirit overshadowed her in which she became with child?

What I wrote is true, "No physical conception needed'. Are you saying God had physical contact with Mary?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do make the strangest comments by times. You say we dishonour Christ by saying He is a sinner and yet it is only you that has called Him a sinner.

As a Bible believing Christian I would not call Christ Jesus a sinner. He was the sinless Lamb of God that appeased the wrath of God.

The bible says Christ was conceived by a sinful woman that needed a savior just as the rest of us do.

Show me the biblical text that says mary was sinless.

You keep saying that mary was sinless? She did not think she was sinless. So her being sinless is just another erroneous private interpretation of the RCC

You are allowing the RCC to tell you what the bible means rather than trust the indwelling Holy Spirit. It is like you are reading from a prepared script.

The RCC has made a baseless claim that mary was sinless. You as someone that does not even study your bible have believed what they told you. So you should go to your priest and ask him for some biblical proof of the RCC's false claim.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mary conceived Jesus by the power of The Holy Spirit, Jesus is flesh of Mary’s sinless flesh. Of Mary’s flesh and blood and genetics. Mary conceived.

Mary is unique, she was given great graces to preserve her from all sin to fulfil her mission as Mother of God. To conceive God Incarnate.

“ The Almighty has done great things for me “

One of those great things was to to save her from all sin. That is where the Almighty used His power for her.

Just as the Ark had to be totally pure, for God to reside with it, Mary had to be totally pure for Jesus to reside in her.
    Both were created for the same purpose, so that God could manifest and dwell with His people.

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are reading from a script. The bible, which is our standard, does not support the RCC private interpretation.

Why does the RCC think it has the right to alter that truths of God? See was a sinner used of God to fulfill His plan just as Abraham, Noah, David, Paul, and all the others that have been or will be in the future. We are all sinners, no exception. That is why the sinless Lamb of God had to come to provide salvation for us.

If mary were sinless then she would not have needed a savior which she admitted she did.

11. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You can be saved before you step on a land mine, or after you step on a land mine.
    God saved Mary before she stepped on the land mine of sin, we are saved after we stepped on the land mine of sin with all its damage.

That’s one of the great things The Almighty did for her, so she could conceive Jesus from her sinless flesh.

12. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just another talking point from the RCC, with no biblical support. If you actually had biblical support for your errant view you would provide it.

The bible is clear:
    Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned
    Rom 11:32 For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.
    Ecc 7:20 Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins.

Since you do not study the bible for yourself you have been mislead by the RCC into believing that mary was sinless, the bible which is the Word of God shows that the RCC is wrong.

So you have to decide if you are going to follow men or God.

13. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All nations, in context Paul was pointing out that the Jews weren’t any better off.

But then life came to mankind through Mary sinlessly conceiving and giving birth to Jesus the Saviour of mankind.

But heaven sent an Angel to Mary who was perfectly obedient to God’s plan.

“There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.”

No, your interpretations and conclusions are wrong.

If people follow their own interpretations of scripture, they are still following the traditions of fallen corrupt man.

14. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lots of words and not one from God's Word. Typical of cults. SMH...The lengths you will go to deny God's Word to support a heretical man-made rc denomination teaching and all other man-made rc denomination anti-Biblical doctrines/teachings.

Maybe we can try one more time:

This is a YES or No question: Was God powerless to keep Jesus from sin even though the Holy Spirit overshadowed her in which she became with child?
    You said God preserved Mary from sin, which would mean He couldn't preserve His Son from Sin?
    If you admit He can (Hint: He can and did), then you wouldn't have to keep trying to defend this heretical teaching of Mary from the men of the rc denomination.

What I wrote is true, "No physical conception needed'. Are you saying God had physical contact with Mary?

15. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you telling me that your private interpretation is better that what the Holy Spirit says. For shame Cathode. You say no one can do private interpretation but you seem to think you are allowed to judge God. Really?

So you have decided you are going to follow men not God. You condemn yourself by your own words Cathode.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The rc members absolute ignorance/twisting of God's Word (at times on purpose IHMO) is astounding. All cult-like groups have to do that in order to teach their heretical/anti-Bible doctrines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I would not call the RCC a cult I would agree that they are cult-like in that they demand total allegiance to what their pope says is truth even when it contradicts the Word of God.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Cults? It’s the largest and oldest Church in the world. There’s far better suggestions for human founded cults.

I think I understand what you are asking. It’s not a question of power, so a yes no answer doesn’t apply.

The Holy Spirit can’t reside with Satan. It’s one or the other not both.

The Holy Spirit is Holy, He can not co-inhabit what’s in Satan’s dominion, filth.

So the Holy Divine Nature is not going to form unity, with filth. The two are polar opposite.

So a fitting Holy place has to made, a sanctuary from filth.

The Ark had to be made as a pure sanctuary, as Mary had to be made a pure sanctuary. Fallen world requires a holy sanctuary for a Holy God.

“And they are to make a sanctuary for Me, so that I may dwell among them.”

Mary had to be preserved from sin as a sanctuary for Jesus, and so she could conceive Jesus from her sinless flesh, and He dwell among us.

Mary is The Ark of The New Covenant. The ancient Fathers and Bishops of the Catholic Church knew this from the Apostles.

“O noble Virgin, truly you are greater than any other greatness. For who is your equal in greatness, O dwelling place of God the Word? To whom among all creatures shall I compare you, O Virgin? You are greater than them all O Covenant, clothed with purity instead of gold! You are the Ark in which is found the golden vessel containing the true manna, that is, the flesh in which divinity resides.” Athanasius, Homily of the Papyrus of Turin, 71:216 (ante AD 373).

This is the profound depths of Scripture revealed here.

19. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    SMH...Thank you for proving correct what I wrote.

20. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.