1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by donnA, Aug 26, 2002.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I hope this fits in this forum. But here goes anyway.
    I can't seem to get my digital camera to load the pictures to my computer. All my plugged in stuff is in right, it just keeps coming up saying can not make connection to camera everytime I try to get my pictures. My camera is about a year and a half old, and is maybe a mid range camera, I'm wondering if I need to replace it. I missed my deadline for submitting my new items for my site for Sept. becasue of it. Which isn't good as I'm trying to get my little crafting business going. And I just started picking up and doing well.

2. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Hi Katie,

There are several things that could be causing the problem. For my camera, I have to not only make sure the camera is on, but also in the right mode with the lens open. Make sure all the cables are in the right place (on both ends) and attached fully. If that doesn't help, you may need to reinstall the camera software, or download an upgrade to the software from the manufacturer's website.

I may be able to help more specifically, but I'll need to know if 1. you had this working in the past or if this is the first time you've tried to pull pictures off your camera, and 2. the make and model of your camera.

Brian

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brian's right; as with most things computer, there are any number of things that can go wrong; I know, because I've used seven models of digital cameras, and they're all different.

Does it use a compact flash disk? Do you connect through USB or a serial port? If it uses compact flash or another form of removable memory, you might be ahead to get a card reader, which are really reasonable now. It usually simplifies things and is faster.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

I've had my camera for 1 1/2 years, and have used it successfully several times. I've done some poking around in the help file and found this....
    I just put in a new modem last Friday, lightning got me again, twice in the last two months. Now I don't know what to search for to find what they are telling me to find. I usually down load at download.com if someone could find there what I need to download it would be just great. I'm sorry, I'm just not real smart about this kind of stuff.
    What I really need is a new camera, but can't afford one till after the new year.
    I sell folk art on line so I need to be able to take fairly good pictures, could someone suggest a half decent camera for like $200. max?

5. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Katie:

Do you have a surge protector? Sounds like you need a heavy-duty one, for someone who's so often struck by lightning. :eek:

Seriously, my sister-in-law's Dell was put out of commission by lightning; we had to give up and replace it.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thanks, I'll check into them.
    I have a surge protector, and just this weekend found out about the kind with the plug in for the telephone line to protect my modem.
    And I just did a stupid thing, I uninstalled the program, and reinstalled, didn't work, but I lost all my pictures [​IMG] I have saved on the camera program but weren't saved anywhere else on my computer. [​IMG]
    Pretty dumb huh? [​IMG] :mad:

[ August 26, 2002, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: katie ]

8. LindaB

LindaB New Member

what you need to do is uninstall the software and reinstall it according to directions. if you changed your windows version, be sure to install accordingly
    never buy retail for a digital, go to ubid.com and buy on auction, or go to overstock.com
    I use a casio qv2000ue it is a 400 camera i got it for 159 at ubid.
    Im looking to upgrade soon and will be heading to ubid again
    another suggestion is to check the camera connection itself. you may need a new cable.
    but first, uninstall and reinstall
    if worse comes to worse, buy a cheap camera at walmart, if the images are for webuse, you dont need a super high end digital camera, 2.0 megapixels or slightly below would be fine.
    feel free to email me, Ive done loads of research on cameras!
    Linda
    ChristianGraphicDesign.com [​IMG]

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thanks Linda, i appreciate it, I will check out those site for a new one. I can't now thought. With not being able to load my new stuff I don't have any $$, I had $200. under my key board for fixing the AC on my car, and thought if worse comes to worse I could use it, summer is almost over with and it's cooler here now. But this morning I found that $100. of it is missing. Now seeing how as I didn't take it, and my husband didn't take(he would never do that, we'd discuss useing it before either of us would think of taking it), that leaves my son, I asked this morning before he went to work,and he hadn't seen it. But of course I don't believe him. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do. I'm very discouraged, ready to sell my computer,and quit trying to earn anything.