1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dinosaur Fossils

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Dinosaurs may still be alive. Dinosaurs lived with man, there is art from many ancient civilizations that clearly depicts dinosaurs, and stories from hundreds of ancient civilizations of "dragons" as well. These were the dinosaurs.

There have been several recent finds of dinosaurs that contain soft tissue, there has even been reports of DNA being recovered. This would not be possible if dinosaurs went extinct millions of years ago. It is doubtful that DNA could even survive thousands of years, so dinosaurs could have been roaming around just a few hundred years ago.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dinosaur.html

There have been dinosaur and human footprints found in the same location in several areas of the world. These would have had to be made within hours of each other.

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

True Story....that is actual "Science" and it glorifies God....Dinosaur soft-tissue will not last for "millions" of years...it will degrade...and yet, we can take some DNA samples from it...The Earth is YOUNG, and "Science" proves it...OVER and OVER and OVER....There is not, nor will there ever be a distortion between the truth of Scripture and the Revelations of "Science"...they ALWAYS agree.

Start doing some research about "Tachyons"....and how they (faster than light particles)....might be disproving some facets of Einstein's theories of relativity...The Science is there...and it will ALWAYS support Scripture. We just don't know how to look for it.

#22 HeirofSalvation, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
  3. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, the lady who first discovered soft dinosaur tissue originally said it argued that dinosaurs lived very recently and came under tremendous heat from the educational establishment. She changed her story to say there must be some previously unknown form of preservation science was not familiar with.

There was a nearly intact dinosaur discovered recently that still had vegatation in it's stomach.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/071203-dino-mummy.html

No way this dinosaur died millions of years ago, it probably died within a few hundred years.

What is amazing is that skin patterns were found that had been shown in ancient artwork, showing that ancient artists had actually seen living dinosaurs and did not make their drawings from fossils.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Ancient art showing dinosaurs;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

1. I'm not a Dawrinist.

2. Always good to see you keep an open mind to my posts. :)

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

If you look closely, that little blue smiley face is winking at ya. ;)

Think you're right about different paths. As a youth I read Genesis, but didn't really think alot about it, in particular. Even after coming to Christ, the same thing. By that time I was being taught, over and over again, about Darwin's breakthrough in scientific theory. The origin of the species. Was shown the graphic of the proof in embryo development similarities in reptiles, fish, various animals, and man. A graphic that still appears in some classroom textbooks even though it has been proved that it is a fraud.

I believed Genesis 1:1 and John 3:16. I also believed what I was being taught from grade school to college. Believed what I read in "scientific" magazines and books long after I left formal schooling. Just as I believed all those Nat Geo and Discovery channel "documentaries". Being an avid science fiction fan, at the time didn't help either.

The only way I could reconcile Gen 1:1 and John 3:16 with what I though I knew for fact, was one little phrase.

Genesis 1:1 tells who created the earth. John 3:16 tell why. Evolution tells how.

I didn't even know that belief had a name, until I was challenged on my little phrase.

That's why I asked the specific question. We bought our house 'a long time ago'. In this day, staying in the same place for 29 years is a long time. :eek:

Still asking, BTW. In your opinion did dinosaurs live thousand or millions of years ago?

There are many places in the Bible where evidence is less than clear. If everything was crystal clear there wouldn't be any need for faith. I can see the stapler on my desk. Therefore I don't need any faith to be assured it's right where I'm looking as I type.

Hebrews 1:1 KJB Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

While biblical evidence of dinosaurs is less than clear, physical evidence is becoming more clear as time passes. I won't repeat the links others have posted. Nor, take the time, right now, to find the links uncovered during my studies. Includes, BTW, commentary from "scientists" who disagree with them dying out 26,000 million years ago from an astroid strike in the Gulf.

Alternative scientific viewpoints that have received little, if any postive attention. Either ignored by "educators" or discounted in other demeaning ways. If I'd been given the opportunity to study or even been made aware that opposing opinions and study existed, perhaps I wouldn't have formed a hybrid belief that was incapable of sustaining itself. Most hybrids cannot faithfully reproduce copies of themselves.

Was already aware of that long before I began studies that brought me back to God's word. It was only a few years ago that I tangled with my sister over this very issue. (Friendly engagement, BTW). Also, I've heard the Gap theory, a day is a thousand years, etc. at my own church. That thick binder filled with notes that I kept with me, while doing this study was all the "diligence" I needed. "What are you studing?" "Oh, I believe ..........".

Plus, remember, when I started this study, I was determined to prove that I was right. Therefore anyone who agreed with me was just what I was seeking. Someone else had a little different idea on that.

I know. Genesis 1 didn't convince me either. At least not for a long time.

BECAUSE:

Last I heard, it takes about 7 years of Sunday school classes to cover the contents of the Bible. If the lesson plan used, intends to cover the Holy Book from cover to cover. Thus over a 12 year timespan to graducate from highschool how many times is the Creation week covered in SS study? Two hours maybe? How many hours, in public school would you guess is given to evolution studies? Pure speculation from long ago memories. One week per year @ 1 hour per day per week times 9 years (12 yrs - grades 1-3) = 45 hours plus an equal time for homework. 90+ hours compared to 2 or so. Easy to see why a HS diploma also carries a belief that evolution isn't just a theory. It's a FACT!

That just guesstimated study time for the topic of evolution. Doesn't include related studies that are used to reinforce the concepts of evolution.

Add to those hours all the hours in front of media screens that promote evolution. Denounce God in the classroom. Promote bunny rabbits and jolly red-suited elves and being politically correct with "Happy Holidays".

My words were not said with the thought that I'd convince anyone. I KNOW better. I know what it took to convince me. That's the reason why Proverbs 2:3-6 combined with 2 Tim 2:15 are some of my favorite Bible verses. I had help from One who knows the truth.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

There's a rumor going about concerning hyerogliphics(sp?) showing a man with stars around his head, falling in a pool, and getting his diaper wet, and afterwards crying........seems like they think he had the name saturnneptune......btw, he was on his way to the outhouse......so Kentucky can't boast about having invented outhouses......that was their one claim to fame, and it was shot to pieces.....go figure....wait, you was raised in Kentucky, and you'd have to take your shoes off to do that......they call that Lone Oak 'rithmatic....or figgurin'..........

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I guess this hockey player must have been old, too, seeing that they found him frozen in the Alps, after being missing for 14 years:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/news/2003/07/21/body_found_ap/

Just because something has been found frozen, doesn't meen it was frozen for millions of years. Scientists have to go waaaaaaaay out on a limb to even try to attempt to prove in the OEC, imo.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The West Virginia Tourism Department has an opening in their Jurrasic Park Crum division. They need a convicted type 1 person to circumsize Brontosauruses and a couple of Tyrannasaurus Rexes. The pay is bad but the tips are big.

[​IMG]

Come here convicted, I am waiting for you.

#30 saturneptune, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
  10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    cannot trust the carbon dating process, or just about any other dating, for the Flood and the atmopshere conditions changing made all of them pretty much useless!

And dinosaurs were recorded in history until recent times, as late as few centuries ago!

11. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Just for clarification, "carbon" dating would not be used for dating "dinos", as carbon 14 decay has limitations and "maxes out" at approximately 50,000 years. There are of course even with those things measured with c14 issues of contamination and rates of decay, most of these issues are clearly understood and taken into consideration as parameters.

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Funny thing about all the dinosaur fossils found in Ky, they still haven't found one measely tooth. Even the Ky dinosaurs were rednecks......

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I did not present circular reasoning. Here is what I said:

The Mammoths are usually dated to about 10,000 years ago, i.e. before the Bible says Adam and Eve were created, assuming reasonable periods for each generation given in the lists of generations between Adam and Jesus. Now the date for the mammoths may be wrong, i.e. YEC say the evidence has been wrongly interpreted. OEC have a similar problem, i.e. saying the date for Adam and Eve (about 6000 years ago) has been wrongly interpreted.

But God, Job 38, says we do not know!!!!

14. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

#35 HeirofSalvation, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
  15. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a thought of which I would like to hear the thoughts of each of you.

Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them the reconciling of the world, what the receiving, but life from the dead?

There we have death relative to the reconciling of the world.

2 Cor. 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

There we have, forgiveness of sin, which brought forth death, relative to reconciling the world.

Should I understand the, "world," kosmos Strong's 1. an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government; to be what took place from Gen.1:3-31?

If so why was the lamb ordained before the foundation of the world (kosmos), to die before any of that was done?

It appears to me that what was ordained before and done from Genesis 1:3-31 was to bring about the reconciliation of something that had taken place in Genesis 2.

16. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

God is all seeing and all knowing. He knew before Genesis 1:1 what would transpire before the last verse in Revelation. IMO, after Revelation is completed, God will have achieved His objective, established before Gen 1:1.

When I plant a vegetable garden in the spring, I have a pretty good idea of the potential problems that I may encounter over the summer. Thus the question, "Why do it?" from friends who do not garden. Because the objective of gardening is the harvest. While I can only speculate in the spring, God knows His harvest that will come about in the fall.

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    true, but the fact remains that ANY dating system is problematic, as those holding to them assume there was no great flood, no change in atmosphere, that data is properily beeing screened etc!

18. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I "assume" a great flood.
    I "assume" the atmosphere has gone through significant changes over time, else there would be no life as we know it
    I don't believe any scientist makes a claim absolute precision regarding radiometric dating techniques, all such techniques give "ranges" some better than others, all techniques also attempt to resolve for extraneous variables etc.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The authors provided another reason why this soft tissue is from a more ancient source than modern fungus. They found that the ratio of radioactive carbon (C-14) to non-radioactive carbon (C-12) was less than five percent of that found in living organisms. Upon death, organisms begin steadily losing C-14 from their tissues as it radioactively decays into nitrogen. Its complete decay would require only thousands of years, assuming a constant decay rate in an undisturbed system.

The researchers found plenty of C-14 in their mosasaur—enough to calculate "an age of 24,600 BP [years before present]." ... But no amount of any of these could persist after 70 million years. http://www.icr.org/article/6084/