1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dispensation of Heresy documentary.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Mikey, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't he mr KJVO?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Held by Scofield, in the 1917 study notes!

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are always spewing things out of your mouth you can't prove. I'm laughing at you. You are deceived and you can't tell that you are because you reject the Word of God for the sayings of men. The great philosopher.
    MB

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jews and Gentiles BOTH now saved in NC by grace, by same Messiah, question is does God still have any promises to fulfill to national Israel or not?

5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no quotes. I’m just trying to understand dispensational theology.

When you say there is a “salvation future” for Israel at the 2nd coming of Jesus, what exactly does that mean?

Let me tell you what I believe, based on my understanding of scripture and you can interact with me. I believe there is a post trib rapture. That’s the end of this life, next comes the judgement, destruction of the earth, then eternal life in heaven.

peace to you

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus and Paul were great Philosophers?

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither were Philosophers Paul was a dispensationalist Didn't you read the verses I posted.
    MB

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul was inspired in his theology, neither Calvin nor Scofield were in theirs!

9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because Paul used a Greek word for “dispensation” doesn’t mean he supported or taught what modern dispensation theology teaches.

Perhaps showing that connection could help with understanding your point.

peace to you

10. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never heard of 7 resurrections. Normative dispensationalism does not believe in more than one way of salvation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1560, Geneva Bible, 1 Corinthians 9:17, "For if I do it willingly, I haue a reward, but if I do it against my will, notwithstanding the dispensation is committed vnto me."

12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jews in the land at this present time are there in unbelief. There will be individual (and therefore corporate) salvation for the Jews at the 2nd Coming, in fulfillment of prophecy: "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn" (Zech. 12:10).

Okay, I'll interact with you. So, not millennial reign of Christ? No fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant? That's a very unusual view.

13. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispensationalists use the word exactly like it is in the Bible: a stewardship. Perhaps you are not understanding the meaning of the word as a stewardship. Many wrongly think that in dispensational theology a dispensation is an age, but that is mistaken.

"The Bible does name two dispensations in the same way that dispensationalists do (and implies a third). Granted, it does not name seven, but since it does name two, perhaps there is something to this teaching called dispensationalism" (Charles Ryrie, Dispensationalism, p. 32).

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jews are blinded to benefit Gentiles, per Paul’s teaching in Romans. At some point, prior to 2nd coming and probably during tribulation, the veil will be lifted and Jews (generally but probably not totally: though I pray for total conversation of all Jews) will recognize Jesus as their Messiah and come to salvation by faith in Jesus.

In this way, all “Israel” (those chosen by God, both Jew and Gentile: the “Israel of God”) will be saved. This will fulfill all prophecy concerning Jews and Davidic covenant.

The millennial (1000 year) reign of Christ is a symbolic reference to a never ending reign; consistent with the Hebrew understanding 1000 as a number too large to count.

I welcome your comments. I am always ready to be convinced I am mistaken by scripture. Thanks for interacting in a respectful manner which I knew you would.

peace to you

15. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Happy to interact with you.

What makes your position unusual is the literal interpretation of tribulation passages, but the allegorical interpretation of the millennial reign of Christ. Perhaps we should explore why you believe the Davidic Covenant will not be ratified by the Lord as King, in spite of the many passages that prophesy that. If there is no millennial reign of Christ, is the Davidic Covenant dead and gone?

Do you have a source for saying that to the Hebrews 1000 is "a number too large to count"? This seems false, since many, many times in the OT there were numbers given far above 1000.

The disciples and other Jews based their belief in a Messiah on the Davidic passages, of which there are many. Here are just a couple: 1 Kings 2:45, 9:5, Luke 1:32, Acts 1:6-7, and many others.

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good to see some actual discussion of the various views of Dispensationalism. Usually the threads are just a bashfest by deniers of the millennial kingdom on earth for 1000 years.

17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the 3-fold “office” of Jesus as prophet, priest and King. Jesus is King already and will reign forever in heaven.

I’ll get back to you concerning 1000 as a number too high to count.

peace to you

18. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you fail to distinguish between the Kingdom of God and the Davidic Kingdom.

Great.

19. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    www.scripturerevealed.com has a good section on use of the number 1000.

I don’t know anything about the site, but a brief reading seems to reflect my beliefs well enough.

peace to you

20. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks post-millennial to me. And the idea that 1000 is always symbolic is to me a copout. But there was nothing on the website that I could find that indicated your meaning of 1000 as indicating a great number. I've never run across that idea before.