1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dispensationalists: Why is This Version of Israel THE One of Prophecy?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, Jul 31, 2012.

1. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

I use Chrome. How do I filter them?

2. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Usually, I don't get good answers to these verses from Mid-Acts dispensationalists other than that Paul was making analogies to justify his ministry to Gentiles, not that his ministry was actually fulfilling these verses. Interesting how they cling to "The Mystery®" and associate all sorts of unique baggage to this term, but have to "spiritualize" away Paul's references to Old Testament prophecy.

Acts 28 dispensationalists (followers of Bullinger, Sellers, and Welch) jump on these verses against their mid-Acts counterparts to emphasize that "The Mystery®" (the Body of Christ) did not begin until Acts 28:28. Paul's references to "mystery" in his "Acts epistles" were of a "mystery according to prophecy" such that these prophecies were being fulfilled in Gentiles being grafted into Israel and sharing in Israel's inheritance to provoke the Jews to jealousy. Jew and Gentile were equal "before God" but NOT "equal to each other." Jews still had to follow the Law and the Gentiles did not, but they had to be "allied with Israel" and support them "in carnal things." The real Body of Christ did not begin until Acts 28:28 where God created "the new man" and Jew and Gentile were now equal to each other with neither under the Law. Both in the Body have heaven as their home rather than that they will "reign on the earth."

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe its in their extensions.

#243 webdog, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
  4. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

Eureka! Thanks webdog.