1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Distinguishing between things that differ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jul 11, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The term "salvation" covers a very broad area that includes various distinct aspects.

For example, all the following aspects are included in the broad term salvation:

1. God's redemptive purpose - Rom. 8:28
    2. Foreknowledge - Rom. 8:29
    3. Predestination - Rom. 8:29
    4. Called/regeneration - Rom. 8:30
    5. Justification
    6. Sanctification
    7. glorification
    8. Election
    9. adoption

I wish to deal with just three of these aspects (regeneration/justification/sanctification) and their relationship with each other from a strictly BAPTISTIC point of view. I believe the BAPTISTIC point of view is the Biblical point of view! However, regardless if you agree or disgree with me that is beside the point in regard to this present post as this post is strictly provided for non-Baptists to simply understand where we are coming from regardless if you agree or disagree with us.

Did you catch that? Let me repeat it again. This post is strictly for non-Baptists and simply to provide you with a proper understanding of our position so that you will not claim you know our position but then prove you do not by perverting it. Did you get that? Read slowly again because there are some on this forum who simply do not seem to understand what we are saying even though we repeat it constantly. They repeatedly misrepresent our position while claiming they know what we believe.

We do not believe that justification by faith without works is found in unregenerated persons. If a person has been justified by faith without works it is because regeneration accompanies it. Regardless which is the cause or the effect one does not occur without the other.

Now here is the point you seem not to get. Every person that is justified by faith is justified by faith without works because works performed through or by us have no bearing on justification. HOWEVER, the person being justified by faith without works is also a regenerated person and good works are the inseparable evidence of regeneration or in the words of Paul "created in Christ Jesus UNTO good works." Where there is regeneration (cause) there is "good works" (the effects") and therefore where there is a person justified by faith without works that is also a regenerated person evidence by "good works."

So when we claim that a person is justified by faith without works WE ARE NOT CLAIMING that such a person is without "good works" but only justification is obtained without good works. This SAME person who is justified without works is also is a regenerated person and it is in relationship to regeneration that "good works" are the product.

Therefore it is this SAME PERSON who obtained justification without works that is also regenerated and regeneration is evidenced by "good works."

False PROFESSORS are those who claim to be justified by faith before God - they make a profession of faith - but lack regeneration by the Spirit of God. Thus the faith they profess is a "dead" faith because it is unaccompanied by the regenerative work of the Holy Spirit and is therefore without spiritual life and thus without spiritual power and is therefore without any internal source of holiness.

Now if you understand the distinctions I have made, here is the issue you must prove wrong! That issue is, can an unregenerated person make a profession of faith in Christ? Is that possible?

Before you respond to this post, be sure you at least understand the distinctions I have made and please acknowledge you do by restating it in your own words. Then either state you agree or disagree with the "issue" I confronted you with in the former paragraph that is bold red. If You do not then I will simply point you back to this post until you rightly state what we believe and I will not respond to your posts until you at least provide a statement that shows me you understand the distinctions I have set forth or it will do no good to discuss an "issue" you don't understand.

#1 The Biblicist, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012