1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Any of you Use an Actual 1611 AV

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Dr. Bob, Apr 24, 2010.

1. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have had the Nelson 1611 reprint for almost three years now. I have carried it to church a few times. It took a while to get used to reading it, but now I can read it fairly well. After seeing all the material that the translators left for us, I feel ripped off when using a stripped bare modern KJV. I also have the 1560 Geneva reprint. I have considered taking it to church, but is very big and heavy.

2. JTornado1

JTornado1 Member

I have the Hendrickson edition of the KJV 1611. I like it better than the more modern KJVs. Although I don't take it to church, I read and study it privately.

3. AnotherBaptist

AnotherBaptist New Member

I have the Nelson 1611 like you Bob. Haven't read it much, but after your post, I'll pay closer attention.

4. Whowillgo

Whowillgo Member
    Site Supporter

I have a hardcover 1611 KJV my son bought me a couple of years ago. It is by Hendrickson Publishers and has the Apocrypha included. It does have the marginal notes and is not an expensive purchase.