1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do babies go to Heaven

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The term "age of accountability" indicates when a child is aware of his sin.

So when an infant baby dies - does he go to heaven?

If so - then at about what age is the "age of accountability"

Open for discussion.

NOTE: This thread is NOT if the "age of accountability is a Biblical term
    Please do not let this thread fall into that.
    IF you please start a new thread about AoA

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hold that God has chosen to elect unto salvation all babies and infants, as he decided to apply the Grace of the Cross towards them, when there were not able to!
    Only age I know of accountability was in Wilderness, as God had all under 20 go into promise land.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "age of accountability" is a myth. Everyone is accountable for his/her own sinful condition.

I believe God, in his mercy, graciously numbered all those children who die in infancy among the elect. David indicates that in 2 Samuel 12:23 after the birth of his son, who then died, "But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."

Some say that is simply David saying he will also go to the grave but I am not that pessimistic. David was a man after God's own heart and when he died he went to be with our Lord, and there, also, he was with his son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.