1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Catholics Have Too Many Babies?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mandym, Feb 9, 2012.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

http://lewrockwell.com/napolitano/napolitano40.1.html

2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Obviously many people think so.
    Personally, it's none of my business. I just hope whoever has kids, regardless of who they are, is able to care for them on their own.

3. targus

targus New Member

You really should have read the article before posting an opinion.

The topic is Obama trying to force churches to violate their religious beliefs by making they pay for insurance coverage for contraceptives.

4. targus

targus New Member

Just speculating...

Could any part of Obama's motivation in wanting to force Catholic churches to pay for insurance to cover contraceptives against their religious beliefs really an attempt to get Catholic churches to close their Catholic schools as a payoff to teacher unions?

5. Squidward

Squidward Member

I wasn't connecting it to schools, but I could see putting Catholics out of the hospital business. One step closer to government run hospitals. My wife is a nurse at a catholic hospital and they have made it clear that if the gubmint ever mandated hospitals to provide abortions then the catholics would close all of their hospitals.

Oh, as far as too many babies is concerned, I don't really think so. Most Catholics I know don't follow the Catholic church in birth control. Most of them are just casual Catholics anyway.

#5 Squidward, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The New York Times praised the Obama administration for “with standing pressure from Roman Catholic bishops and social conservatives.”

I have to wonder though, why didn’t Catholics see this coming and speak up back when the deals were being cooked in 2009? Obama was playing “let’s make a deal” with everyone, in order to pass Obamacare. Catholics could have secured some protection then. Did they really “trust” Obama to protect them in the regulatory phase?

And I'm talking specifally about 'progressive Catholics' who have been such buddies of the Obama administration, like Father John Jenkins, the president of the University of Notre Dame, as well as pro-life Catholic Democrats like Senator Bob Casey, who now is going to have a pretty tough time being re-elected in Pennsylvania because of his vote in favor of Obama’s health reform plan.

#6 Walter, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I knew what the article was about. I was answering the question that is the title for the thread.

8. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

This. If a family has the means to take care of 17 kids, it shouldn't be our business to tell them not too. Both Psalms and Genesis say that we should be fruitful and multiply and that children are like a reward.

I don't recall, but I can't remember a passage that says "Stop after having 5 kids"

I think it's about being responsible and being able to provide and care for your children.

9. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

I'm guilty of reading his quoted piece and not clicking the link. I just answered the thread title question.

With that said, I am aware of the situation that is in the link.

10. billwald

billwald New Member

Italy has one of the lowest birth rates in the world.