1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Dispensationalists share in the guilt of bloodshed related to Israel?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 1689Dave, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, good man, go with google, the bastion of the gospel, rather than the witness of your own brother in Christ and a man of the region.
    And there are people who street-preach in Israel.

The gospel is hindered everywhere to some degree.
    To come down so hardly and non-proportionately on dispensationalists, the U.S., and Israel, is the problem here.
    Your claims that dispensationalists don't preach the gospel, or deny that Israel does fight it (which all nations do and most to a greater extent), or that we believe that Jews are automatically saved, is false, and possibly a lie. That's the point.

As for Russia doing more for ME peace, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Are you from there? Are you there? I wish I could take you with me to an area of the ME under American or Jewish influence, hand you some tracts, and ask you to pass them OR propose the same to you in an area of Russian or Islamic influence, and see what you choose.
    And until you would be ready to choose the latter over the former, desist from your keyboard warrior claims please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another thread, by those advocating Covenant Theology, bashing undefined "Dispensationalism."

What is the difference between "Traditional Dispensationalism" and "Progressive Dispensationalism?"

Why attempt to tar believers with an undefined generalization?

Hatchet job anyone?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My problem with this view is God removed the unbelievers from Israel. Leaving only spiritual Israel. And only if any accept Christ will they be reattached to Israel. That is, we are Israel and those calling themselves Israel in the Middle East are not. If you think about it, they had a chance to remain Israel as the early Jewish believers did, by accepting Jesus. Since they did not, they exist solely because of their hatred and rejection of him. And history bears this out.

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36 (KJV 1900)

4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I recall, they say a third temple will stand in Jerusalem where the animal sacrifice will be restored. This means Judaism will replace Christianity in my thinking.

5. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    That there is a spiritual Israel does not negate, in the scriptures, the reality of a physical Israel with physical blessings.
    The idea that it does is the cause for the confusion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    "we" don't say that. Ezekiel does. Chapters 40-48, which are impossible to spiritualize away. And the Lord Jesus Christ will the King of Israel. And to this come back of Judaism (albeit a fulfilled on in Christ) the witness of Paul agrees:
    Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
    Col 2:17 Which
    ARE [not "were"] a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
    Furthermore, the following passage in Hebrews 8 has not been fulfilled for it is not talking about the present New Testament, as we Gentiles commonly think in our conceit:
    Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
    Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
    Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I recall, Ezekiel calls for literal atoning animal sacrifices????

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't circumcision make one a physical Jew and Physical member of Israel? If so, how are any left after Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross?

9. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord's death rendered physical circumcision of no avail as far as justification, not nationality in the flesh:
    Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
    Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist

“And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” Genesis 17:14 (KJV 1900)

11. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right. So a church-age circumcised Hebrew is a Jew in the flesh, but unjustified thereby.
    Justification VS identification in the flesh: 2 separate issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, he is cut off from Israel. Christ pulled the plug on circumcision....so to speak.

13. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    He, now, in the church age, would be cut off from the nation of Israel, but it doesn't mean the nation ceased to exist.
    It's a moot point anyway now.
    Anyway answer me this: did the cross disannul the existence of all nations in the flesh? Does that mean that nations don't exist anymore? Have Egyptians ceased to be because of the cross? Or is it only Israel that ceased to be?
    And please bear in mind that nationalities are only said to be no more in 2 ways in the NT:
    1) In Christ (they are not eliminated outside of Christ, and lost people are outside of Christ)
    2) In spirit (not in the flesh)
    There are still males and females, in the flesh, are there not?
    So, has only Israel ceased, or did all nations also cease to be because of the cross?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apart from valid circumcision, these are gentiles who call themselves Jews and Israel.

15. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't answer the question bro.Dave
    You're saying that only Israel ceased?!

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    God removed unbelievers from Israel leaving only Believing Israel aka the Church. Any who accept Christ he will reattach. But they remain gentiles with Jewish ethnicity until then.

17. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well now, you just flinched with the "Jewish ethnicity" part haha, and that's ok my friend.
    Imagine, you just erased the only nation which God specifically said he would preserve. Just amazing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church is the holy nation.

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:” 1 Peter 2:9 (KJV 1900)

The Talmudic Jews claim Jesus is in hell boiling in feces. John calls them Antichrists for denying Jesus the messiah came in the flesh. Not good company to claim.

19. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wholly beside the point under discussion (and not entirely true).
    And I thought there was no "them"; remember? Woops! Forgot your own doctrine there didn't you?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the Church is the holy nation, and the Christ rejecters are not, how can it be beside the point?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.