1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do I believe obtained salvation is permanent?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 37818, Mar 9, 2024.

?
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do I believe obtained salvation, in this life, is permanent?

#1 37818, Mar 9, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By "in this life" are you referring only to [the bennies of] salvation in this temporal realm and not to eternal salvation?

Then yes, God's child can definitely lose their temporal but never their eternal salvation. Whether 'permanent' or not depends on if God grants repentance.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; And uphold me with a willing spirit. Ps 51

24 And the Lord`s servant must not strive, but be gentle towards all, apt to teach, forbearing,
    25 in meekness correcting them that oppose themselves; if peradventure God may give them repentance unto the knowledge of the truth,
    26 and they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him unto his will. 2 Tim 2

19 holding faith and a good conscience; which some having thrust from them made shipwreck concerning the faith:
    20 of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I delivered unto Satan, that they might be taught not to blaspheme. 12 Tim 1

5 to deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 1 Cor 5

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a problem of how to word this question.
    I am referring to salvation, meaning having eternal life now before having immortality in the resurrection.

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ll word it as clear as I know how. Anyone whose names were written in heaven above has never been hell bound.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 5:4-5, For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Revelation 3:5, He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 21:7, He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist