1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you have any unusual pets?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Amy.G, May 28, 2013.

1. LillyoftheValley

LillyoftheValley New Member

We have 11 "adopted" chickens. They're not really ours, they're the landlords (we're renting out the farmhouse), but we take care of them for him and his wife. So they have all been given names by our kids, and are loved on at least once a day when we go check their water, feed and collect eggs. We also have a Netherland Dwarf rabbit as of Monday. My daughter's birthday gift. She gave him/her (we haven't been able to tell just what IT is yet) the name "cheesy" cause it reminded her of the mouse named Cheese on the Tinker Bell movies. oh and we have a cat, that's not unusual, but he is trained to potty outside.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That may be true. Brother Willis says I'm a dinosaur..so I've been around a looooong time already! :tongue3:

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Sometimes I call my pigeon "chicken" because he's so big. LOL! He's colored like a red tail hawk so sometimes I call him chicken hawk!
    His name is Jasper though because he's the color of jasper stone.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking about pet chickens.....Ive got some in a backyard coop & every morning I go out there & let them out to grazing. At 6AM this morning, one of the older gals is screaming up a storm so I go out & here she is standing by a great blue heron thats in my coy pond (attempting to get my fish). Thankfully the old red hen was distracting the heron ( & they are beautiful birds--just not when they eat my goldfish). :smilewinkgrin: