1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Limit a Sovereign God?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Did you even read my post? I made it clear that the pews an pulpits can be filled with those NOT members of God’s church. The Church of God is made up entirely of believers Amy. Non believers may attend the functions of believers, but they are NOT part of God’s Church until they are born again.

Yes I have read Jude on numerous occassions, and am certain I will continue to read it. :thumbs:

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I think our disagreement is probably due to our differences in the issue of eternal security. I do not believe that a true believer falls away from faith in Christ. Therefore, we view this particular verse in 2 Thess. in vastly different ways.
    I have told you my opinion and I could be wrong, but I'm not going to debate it anymore as I would only be repeating myself.

I posted as a response to you regarding your view of modern bible versions. I did not intend to get into this discussion.

If you would like to continue discussing versions, I will be happy to. :)

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I understand that Amy from your responses. I will simply say that approaching clear passages like the one we were discussing, coming from a presupposition never once stated in Scripture, is a dangerous way to ascertain truth from a passage.

More important on how one feels about this issue is how one leads their lives. Is your heart right with God? Are you living in the light God has granted you? If you are, give me your hand as we walk together on this pathway towards heaven!:thumbs:

Certainly we can still discuss other issues. OSAS beliefs one way or the other are not in and of themselves issues to count one ‘as’ or ‘not as’ a brother or sister in the Lord.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Absolutely. :thumbs:

5. dfj

dfj New Member

Would that include the translators of the NIV, Amplified and perhaps J. P. Green?
    Perhaps these individuals were lead by the Hoy Spirit of God, and He qualified them to translate His Word(s)?

After all, as you say, the BIBLIOS is spiritual and must be understood spiritually.

#45 dfj, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
  6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: The Lord shall answer those questions in due time. I did notice a disclaimer concerning JP Green where it said that they made no statements whatsoever as to whether or not he was even a born again believer. I thought that very strange. Why would they have felt that they had to, or needed to, say anything? I simply did not understand why they made such a remark.

7. dfj

dfj New Member

Translations in Question

I think the Lord has already answered those questions as there is very little difference between the Translations that really would affect the understanding of anyone who truly submits to the the Lord for enlightenment.

As far as Green is concerned, it would be best to include the exact wording of the alleged disclaimer and exactly where it is to be found.

Incidentally, The New Testament portion of Green's LITV is translated from the 1894 Scrivener Textus Receptus. If I am not mistaken, the Textus Receptus 1894 Greek text is the corresponding Greek text to the 1611 King James Version.