1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you Love YHVH?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jason1, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is no excuse for not keeping the ones that you can keep however.

Deuteronomy 22:11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.
    You are not allowed to wear garments of different fabric.

So shirt, pants, underwear, sox, etc of different fabrics are not allowed. When you dress ALL must be cotton or wool with no mixing. shirt, pants, underwear, sox, etc... must be all cotton or wool.

When it comes to the law you cannot pick and choose. You MUST keep every mitzvah or

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Here is another

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Deuteronomy 27:15 Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen.

Most people carry a wallet, a secret place to keep money that is covered with images of people and animals.

Images are forbidden. The Hebrew Shekel had no images because of the commandment.

Get rid of your Gentile money with the forbidden images.

Even pictures are not allowed.

Numbers 33:52 Then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places:

To please God you must perfectly keep every jot and tittle of the law. You will fail if you haven't already.

Come to Jesus, He is God incarnate. The law condemns and shows your helpless and hopeless condition before God. Jesus is the door to heaven not the Law.

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
    2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
    3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
    4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
    5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If I'm thinking of the right verse that you are, he is talking about oral law:

Gal 5:1 In the freedom with which Messiah has made us free, stand firm, then, and do not again be held with a yoke of slavery.
    Gal 5:2 See, I, Sha’ul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Messiah shall be of no use to you.
    Gal 5:3 And I witness again to every man being circumcised that he is a debtor to do the entire Torah. ​

Once we know that the Pharisees used circumcision as the final act when converting a Gentile to their form of Judaism, and that it was a public commitment to keep the whole Torah, things begin to get clearer. And when we understand that what the Pharisees meant by "Torah" included not only the books of Moses, but also what Yeshua called "the tradition of men" (what later became the Talmud), things become clearer still. Sha'ul wasn't warning against the Biblical instruction of circumcision, or anything else written through Moses. Rather, he was saying don't exchange the gift of a life-changing relationship with Messiah for our own "works of Law": The system of Judaism

We know that the torah is not slavery, so what is? It was men who binded heavy burdens. These is oral law.

Luk_11:46 And He said, “Woe to you also, you learned in the Torah, because you load men with burdens hard to bear, and you yourselves do not touch the burdens with one of your fingers. ​

We see that Paul upholds circumcision here:

Rom 2:25 For circumcision indeed profits if you practise the Torah, but if you are a transgressor of the Torah, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. ​

4. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOW!!! That is soooo taken out of context...

Romans 2
    25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision? 27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law? 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

Paul is saying, "Sure, circumcision can be a good thing, IF you keep the whole law.....BUT YOU DON'T!!!!!!!"

5. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Circumcision of the flesh = token of the abrahamic covenant - says you follow YHVH outwardly
    Circumcision of the heart = humility to obey the Father's Torah

Obedience to letter = obey torah by the letter
    Obedience of the heart = obey torah's true intentions of the letters

All are required to make the complete man. We are to worship in spirit (intent) and truth (letter).
    We are to live by EVERY word of the Father

6. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The prohibition is just of mixing wool and linen

Yes, we must keep every word of our Creator. If we don't we sin.

This is incorrect. Per the commandment, we are not to make graven images to bow down to. The temple had pictures of cherubim all over it. The mercy seat contained 2 golden cherubim, the temple 2 monster size ones in it.

Yes, we need Yeshua sacrifice to restore us back to the Father.

1Jn_2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

7. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And by "Every" you mean the ones you feel like you should obey. A heretic after the second admonition we reject. Here is my first admonition. Someone has you all messed up.

Paul is saying someone who is NOT circumcised can perform the righteousness of the law, that defeats your ENTIRE premise of what you think it means to Worship God in "Spirit" and "Truth"

Romans 2
    26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision? 27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?

8. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I feel we should obey every one that we can today. Which ones do you want to disobey? Which laws are so evil to you? Can you name me some?

Paul is simply saying that obedience from the heart is what matters most. The preceding verses show that those preaching the literal were being hypocrites. Look up a bit to this verse:

Rom 2:13 For not the hearers of the Torah are righteous in the sight of Elohim, but the doers of the law shall be declared right.

9. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you are not a "Doer" of the whole law--Nobody is...

Romans 3

9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.

10 As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;
    11 There is none who understands;
    There is none who seeks after God.
    12 They have all turned aside;
    They have together become unprofitable;
    There is none who does good, no, not one.”
    13 “Their throat is an open tomb;
    With their tongues they have practiced deceit”;
    “The poison of asps is under their lips”;
    14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.”
    15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
    16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
    17 And the way of peace they have not known.”
    18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

10. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ah, there is the problem. You think you can't do torah, and thus shouldn't.

Please let me know which laws you can't do and which ones you despise so much.

Deu 30:10 if you obey the voice of יהוה your Elohim, to guard His commands and His laws which are written in this Book of the Torah, if you turn back to יהוה your Elohim with all your heart and with all your being.
    Deu 30:11 “For this command which I am commanding you today, it is not too hard for you, nor is it far off.
    Deu 30:12 “It is not in the heavens, to say, ‘Who shall ascend into the heavens for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, so that we do it?’
    Deu 30:13 “Nor is it beyond the sea, to say, ‘Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, so that we do it?’
    Deu 30:14 “For the Word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart – to do it.
    Deu 30:15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, and death and evil,
    Deu 30:16 in that I am commanding you today to love יהוה your Elohim, to walk in His ways, and to guard His commands, and His laws, and His right-rulings. And you shall live and increase, and יהוה your Elohim shall bless you in the land which you go to possess.

11. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did i say i despise any Words of God? What does the Word of God say about false accusations?

Deut. 19

...indeed, if the witness is a false witness, who has testified falsely against his brother, 19 then you shall do to him as he thought to have done to his brother; so you shall put away the evil from among you.

So should i stone you? Should i have you put out of every assembly? What should we do with you?

I'll show mercy and forgive you and pray that God would open your eyes to your self-righteous boasting.

12. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So what are you saying then? Obey torah or Disobey torah? What is your message in regards to obedience?

13. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what i strive to do, by the Grace of God and the Power of the Spirit through the Person of Jesus Christ living within me...

Love God with all my heart, Soul, Mind and Strength and to Love others as myself...To love others as Christ has loved me.

And to be clear, love with my actions and my affections.

You are manipulative and Pharisaical. "Desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm..." You have no idea what the Gospel of Jesus Christ entails. 2nd admonition. I'm giving you over to satan for the destruction of the Flesh.

14. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you know what being pharisaical even is? Do you know what a judaizer is? They tried to get people into man-made religion and oral laws. I have always come against that.

How do you define love? Is it according to torah? How did YHVH say to love him? How did Jesus say to love him?

15. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    how do you define "torah"?

16. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jason, as long as you deny Yeshua as being YHWH, you have no atonement that removes your sin and failure to perfectly obey the law. Your concept of Yeshua makes him no better than the sacrifice of a bull or lamb in the temple. Yeshua's sacrifice, in your concept, is only a covering, but not effective in securing salvation. You miss the mark. You fall short. You spend eternity in hell.
    Not one of us here wishes your damnation because you trusted in your own works and denied Yeshua as YHWH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Torah: YHVH's teachings and instructions

Mat_4:4 But He answering, said, “It has been written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of יהוה.’ ”1

The words that came out of His mouth instruction wise are found in the first 5 books of scripture. The word He sent forth came in the gospels and as every prophet has done, told us to repent and turn back to the beginning.

Deu 4:30 “In your distress, when all these words shall come upon you in the latter days, then you shall return to יהוה your Elohim and shall obey His voice.

18. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I never have. Your glasses must be fogged up pretty thick!

19. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And do you obey EVERY WORD all the Time?

20. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have denied Yeshua is YHWH consistently in this thread. Your concept of Yeshua is the same as a Jehovah's Witness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.