1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you Love YHVH?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jason1, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It can be heard.

However, in AD70 it has been assured that no one can keep it even if they wanted to, not even you Jason.

your only hope is Jesus Christ apart from the law.

HankD

2. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Apart from the law?

Do you not understand that Yeshua IS the Word? That means He IS torah. We are to walk as He walked. Do you not see that HE is the Law?

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot walk as He walked.

e.g. If you walked as He walked you would have to pay the special annual temple tribute tax required by the Torah. Have you?

Exodus 30
    14 Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD.
    15 The rich shall not give more, and the poor shall not give less than half a shekel, when they give an offering unto the LORD, to make an atonement for your souls.

Matthew 17
    27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Even if you are a Gentile you must be circumcised in the proscribed manner.

HankD

4. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1Jn 2:5 But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Elohim has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
    1Jn_2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

5. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We are in the Word. We are in Christ. The law has been perfectly kept by the propitiation of Yeshua for us. Such freedom in Christ is to be celebrated and great praise offered to our Redeemer.

6. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1Jn_2:4 The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So who is lying? Are you circumcised? Have you paid the tribute tax this year?
    Jesus did when He was here on earth, how about you Jason?

HankD

8. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hank, if you're not getting it by now I don't think you're gonna get it. There is no temple system now so it can't be done. Others can always be done like keeping the 7th day sabbath which is extremely important.

Today is a good day to repent and start obeying the Father's Commandments.

9. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let's look at more in 1 John 2. Since you have left the church the last verse may hit too close to home for you.

1 John 2:12-19
    [12]I am writing to you who are God’s children because your sins have been forgiven through Jesus.
    [13]I am writing to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning. I am writing to you who are young in the faith because you have won your battle with the evil one.
    [14]I have written to you who are God’s children because you know the Father. I have written to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning. I have written to you who are young in the faith because you are strong. God’s word lives in your hearts, and you have won your battle with the evil one.
    [15]Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.
    [16]For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world.
    [17]And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
    [18]Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.
    [19]These people left our churches, but they never really belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left, it proved that they did not belong with us.

I hope one day you can experience God's grace. It is amazing.

10. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ not only kept them, but He fulfilled them. We who are born of God are in Christ. God looks upon us and sees Jesus atonement and call us righteous. Grace is amazing, Jason.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad you are beginning to realize the truth Jason. Try as you may you cannot keep the law. One offense and you are doomed.

However you are quite wrong about the temple tax

Temple tax returns for Jews worldwide

It is now a mitzvah to be obeyed like Jesus did. It must be sent to the Sanhedrin so you better pay up like Jesus did when He walked the earth.

It is in anticipation of the coming of Meshiach and the building of the Temple.
    200,000 people have done the mitzvah.

Now you must Jason.

HankD

12. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1Jn_2:4 The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Quit trying to justify your disobedience. It is not healthy

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And your own?

Jason you don't know me, neither do you know my relationship to the Law.
    This is a debate forum. I never said I did or didn't keep his commandments.
    But I was attempting to know your debate skills.

You can't know my heart. I can't know yours.

But you have publicly judged me as disobedient to my Lord and Master.

Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

James 4
    11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
    12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

James 5:9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

HankD

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's a false accusation against your brother in Christ, and you know it. It really is sad.

15. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hank, you keep speaking words against the Word of Elohim. You judge yourself...

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Point that out for me.

HankD

17. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same could be asked of you, Jason, for the Father has commanded all men to glorify Christ, and not to remain under Law, which was given temporarily until Christ came:

Galatians 3:16-19
    King James Version (KJV)

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Here is the Writer of Hebrews making it clear that the foundational principles contained in the provision of the Old Testament, namely, the Covenant of Law...are to be progressed from...

Hebrews 6:1-2
    King James Version (KJV)

1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

The reason why the Hebrew brethren addressed are rebuked is made clear:

Hebrews 5:9-14
    King James Version (KJV)

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

If you look at the link, you will find that "of full age" is speaking of perfection.

This is why he exhorts them to "go on unto perfection:"

Hebrews 6:1-2
    King James Version (KJV)

1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

The "us" in view is the same "us throughout the Book...Hebrews.

Those who remain in the ABCs of the revelation of God, particularly those who seek to remain in the Law, disobey the Command of God to obey the Gospel, and Paul has not a good outlook on their outcome:

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
    King James Version (KJV)

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Obedience to the "Torah" is the problem these fellows have...

Galatians 3
    King James Version (KJV)

1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Paul asks some pertinent questions, Jason, questions you would do well to ask yourself.

God bless.

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show to us where in the NT we are commanded to keep the Sabbath of israel!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are teaching what seems to be Judaizer theology here!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, why settle for the yoke on bondage that none could ever keep?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.