1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you Love YHVH?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jason1, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If only you people knew what the "Oral law" is then you would not come against the eternal Word of Elohim...

Mat 19:17 And He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except One – Elohim. But if you wish to enter into life, guard the commands.”

Hos 8:1 “Put the ram’s horn to your mouth, like an eagle against the House of יהוה, because they have transgressed My covenant, and they have rebelled against My Torah.

Hos 8:12 “I have written for him numerous matters of My Torah – they were regarded as strange.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are no longer under the law, but of grace!

3. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They were under grace in the OT too. So much grace it was crazy. Does grace let you break His commandments now? Elohim forbid

4. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Matthew 7:5
    King James Version (KJV)

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

;)

Speaking of the Word of God, have ye read...

John 1
    King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

When you can show the first thing that stands contrary to the Word of God that I have spoken, posted, or even implied, then perhaps what you say may have credence.

Until then, consider the Word of God, as well as the WORD of God.

You understand that Christ ministered under the Law, don't you? Meaning, until Christ died, and established the New Covenant with His Blood/Death, the Covenant of Law was still in effect.

If you do not understand the Gospels as being part of the Age of Law, you will indeed not understand Salvation.

The above passage does not negate Christ's teachings concerning what was to come.

I have asked you many questions, none of which you have answered, because you cannot answer them. Again I exhort you to consider why Christ could say "I am come unto the lost sheep of Israel...only," yet still be the Savior of the world prophesied by the Word of God.

The reason is because Christ fulfilled the Prophecy concerning Messiah in relation to Israel in His earthly ministry, and fulfilled the Prophecy concerning Messiah...

...when that Ministry to Israel was completed (and I am not suggesting God has forsaken Israel, He has not. They will be saved nationally in the Tribulation, as Prophecy teaches).

Precisely...they have transgressed His Covenant.

That is the Covenant of Law.

That is why the New Covenant was promised.

Jason, this is such a basic principle...and you are completely missing it. You display the understanding of a natural man, not an spiritual.

Hebrews 8:7-13
    King James Version (KJV)

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

You need to stop reading commentaries...and start reading the Word of God.

If you cannot understand the Promise as given in both the Old and New Testaments, you need to understand that is a problem.

As I said, this is just basic, and while I believe it possible one might be saved and be so completely oblivious to such simple truths as these, one has to ask one's self why that would be.

Stop reading books about the Bible and start reading the Books of the Bible, and I assure you, God will open your eyes to the error you have been enthralled with, which is repeatedly taught about by many writers in the New Testament.

You show your lack of honoring both God and the Word of God by your breaking of another very simple command He has given you...

...you add to the Word of God, which is forbidden in both Old and New Testaments:

See the links to see that it is God, not Elohim, that John used.

That is the way cults work, Jason...they change the Word of God, which is why they do not know the WORD of God.

Read your Bible, my friend. Do so with a sincere heart, and God will save you from this cult.

God bless.

5. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You play a good game of twister. All of this has been debunked in previous discussions and I don't wish to reiterate and refute every point again. YHVH does not change and His salvation message has always been the same. Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They were under grace, that is true, and one might say exceeding grace, because they died, not being eternally redeemed by the Blood of Christ.

That is not the case today, that provision is there for you immediately.

Here is the Word of God's declaration of the Old Testament Saint:

Hebrews 11:13
    King James Version (KJV)

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Why would you want to be one...who has not received the Promises of God?

And the singular Promise to consider is...

Ezekiel 36:24-27
    King James Version (KJV)

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

If one has not received this Promise it is no wonder they would bear false witness, present unbiblical concepts, and then, just as the Sadducees and Pharisees...

...charge others with "breaking the Law."

God bless.

7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of it has been "debunked," lol.

You have yet to address the Scripture presented to you. You can, from now to eternity, think that "I have already answered that" is a reasonable response, but, you cannot even be honest about what religion you are.

That's gotta be tough, my friend.

God has changed the Law, that has been shown to you, and no response.

God has revealed the Gospel of Christ to man, that has been shown to you, and no response.

Show me where it says "YHVH does not change in Scripture."

I can show you where it states...

Hebrews 13:8
    King James Version (KJV)

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Until you learn to talk with people, Jason, instead of at people, you are going to continue to present the picture of a small child with his fingers in his ears saying "Nyaah nyaah, can't hear you, can't hear you!"

You are never going to be able to stand in a conversation with any Born Again Believer who understands Scripture because God Himself has fulfilled His promise to lead, guide, and instruct us, because...

...we know Him on a personal and eternal level.

Know the WORD of God, and you will know the Word of God.

But in the meantime, at least try to stop adding to the Word of God, for, this alone brings Eternal Judgment on your head:

Deuteronomy 12:32
    King James Version (KJV)

32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Revelation 22:18-19
    King James Version (KJV)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Its a universal principle, we cannot say "Well, we won't add to Deuteronomy or Revelation, but it is perfectly acceptable to add and take away from 1 John, because John does not say don't add or take away."

God bless.

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And just want to add this on this point: God demanded Israel to be in obedience under the Covenant of Law, and...

...the Gospel of Christ was not yet revealed to them.

Do you really not see the change between that Age and this one?

Do you really not see the difference between the previous Age before the Law and the Age of Law?

Really?

Abraham was not under the Covenant of Law...how do you explain the "change" God made when He established the Law?

I do agree that the Plan of Salvation has always been the same, but, the failure on your part to understand the progressive nature of Revelation and to place the revelation provided men in their proper context is why you have succumbed to a cult.

David was forced to entreat God, "Take not thy Spirit from me," but I can rest in the fact that God has revealed to me that He will never do that.

David had no such revelation from Jesus Christ, the WORD of God, Himself.

And if the Creator teaches us something, Jason, we do well to believe what it is He taught us:

John 14:15-18
    King James Version (KJV)

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14:20-23
    King James Version (KJV)

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Revelation 3:20
    King James Version (KJV)

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

You need to come to know the WORD of GOd.

God bless.

9. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Every age is one of Law. We are to always obey the King of the Universe from the Garden clear into the new heavens and earth.

His Voice = found in torah
    His Word = torah

It is so simple. Obey the Father

Joh_14:15 “If you love Me, you shall guard My commands.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All right, and what does the father command us to do? Did he say to us to keepthe law, to keep the Sabbath and live? NO He stated to us that the just shall live by faith, and that is faith in Jesus Christ!

11. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Faith = trusting in the promises of YHVH
    Faith acted out = obey every word of the Father

Mat 19:17 And He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except One – Elohim. But if you wish to enter into life, guard the commands.”

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was telling him that he was God, since the man called him good, and Jesus was using the law to reveal to that man that none can get saved by keeping the law, as even that ruler failed on half of them!

13. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wow, just wow...

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul stated to us that NONE will get justified by keeping the Law, thatit is only faith in jesus that saves us, do you agree with Paul?

15. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, nobody can be justified by "oral law"

Do you agree with Paul here:

Rom 2:13 For not the hearers of the Torah are righteous in the sight of Elohim, but the doers of the law shall be declared right.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who can do the Law perfectly? NONE, save Jesus

17. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agreed, but does that mean we don't do our very best to obey the Father? How does disobedience make any sense unless you're a raging democrat liberal who hates the Creator?

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    real Chrsitians desire to obey Jesus out of love for Him and gratitude for Him saving them, and NOT in order to somehow get more and better saved!

19. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then a real Christian would keep the 7th day sabbath. All other ways are falsehood and sin.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me ONE command in the NT that states that is reuired for us now, and the early church worship and gathered on Sunday, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.