1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you remember this TV mini-series

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by Salty, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some background Salty:

Billboard, 26 September 1953, p. 8

"Three More Films On Life of Jesus Shot by Cathedral
    HOLLYWOOD, Sept. l9 — Cathedral Films this week completed shooting three additional half-hour films in a series of 13 depicting the life of Jesus, bringing to five the total number already filmed. Series when completed, will be made available to TV after first being shown in churches thruout the country. Films, titled 'The Living Christ Series,' is being produced by the Rev. James K. Friedrich, Cathedral president. Series deals with different phases in the life of Jesus and are being shot in episodic form. One of the first in the series, a 55-minute 'I Beheld His Glory,' was telecast last Easter season over 131 TV stations under sponsorship of the National Council of Churches. Its critical acclaim and public reception prompted Dr. Friedrich to complete the series. Titles completed this week are 'Escape to Egypt,' 'Boyhood and Baptism,' and 'Men of the Wilderness.' Others previously finished are 'I Beheld His Glory' and 'Holy Night,' the Nativity story."

Archives of the Episcopal Church

"Cathedral Films, Inc. was established in 1939 by the Reverend James K. Friedrich, an Episcopal priest who advocated film as a medium of Christian Education and ministry....It remained a leader in the production and distribution of religious educational films, filmstrips and recordings across denominations for the next 30-plus years"

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Double thanks Jerome

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found it on the Free Movie Classics(FMC) app on my Roku.

6. AbM

AbM New Member

Faith:
    Baptist