1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you remember when?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 17, 2017.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Living Waters has produced a new gospel tract and it is here.

Do you remember how America wept when President Kennedy was shot? Do you recall how on July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong landed on the moon, and we heard the immortal words, “That’s one small step for man but one giant leap for mankind”? How the years have flown by. Time has been called our “greatest commodity,” and yet, it rules supreme over us all. Perhaps its greatest display of power is evidenced by its ability to reveal the mortality and frailty of human nature. Even in the lives of its most prominent figures, history bears witness to the powerful effects of time......

Remember When? - In-Depth - Tracts

[​IMG]

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I remember the first time I read these verses

Mark 10:11
    And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

Luke 16:18
    Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you also remember these verses?
    Hebrews 8:13.
    For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more.
    Galatians 6:2.
    Bear one another's burdens and so fulfil the law of Christ.

One thing I will never do on this board is to confess to any sins or discuss my private life, because I will get no help, guidance or sympathy, but get the issue thrown up in my face every time I post. :(

Evan, thank you for posting the tract. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are partially right and partially wrong.

You are right that it is not good to consistently carry the sins of another into these discussions. I also agree with you that it is probably not a good idea to confess one’s sins on an online forum, except perhaps as testimony.

At the same time, what Evan was ask people for their opinion and for help; when they pointed him to Scripture he ridiculed and insulted them. Evan came to this board to justify his sins – not to confess them. His drinking was permissible under Christian liberty, although it offended his church and his wife. This offense was his wife’s failure as she did not “leave and cleave”, which justified his divorce because her failure to submit and her attitude towards him constituted mental abuse which is what Jesus referred to as "fornication".

I agree that the issue should be dropped except as it applies to the conversations at hand. I also believe it should be dropped because something is just not right with the situation. But at the same time I believe that it is wrong to justify sin….and to justify those who justify sin…even on an online forum. My 2 cents, anyway.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care for that tract. It isn't until the 6th page that the gospel is even brought up, and the entire focus of the stories were pointing to the Mosaic Law and sin, not to Christ.

I also found it boring, but mostly because it was a bit before my time (the target audience being in their 60's). But the generation to which the tract speaks may identify more with the material. I guess it depends on your audience.

6. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats why the tract is designed for an older generation.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1