1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think all people which never heard about Jesus automatically go to hell?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

The Three Stooges had an encounter with King Hottentot once. I also think that Batman did.

If you've seen them, you get the stereotypical picture that is being made here.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Job 38:31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?
    Job 38:32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth (zodiac) in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?
    Job 38:33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?
    Job 38:34 Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?
    Job 38:35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?
    Job 38:36 Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Here's two ways the Gospel is proclaimed...neither one dealing with man.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: First, the passage in Job says nothing that I can find about ‘the gospel being dispensed.’ Does not the NT clearly imply that without a preacher one will not hear and be able to respond to the gospel?

As for the passage in Revelations, the ‘angel’ spoken of could be nothing more than an unusual season of grace poured out upon the earth in which the gospel, by whatever means God chooses, including men, radio, TV, and or the Internet, is rapidly spread, could it not? Scripture clearly indicates that God ordained man to carry forth His message of salvation. Although these efforts are supported by and enhanced I am certain by angelic activity, it does not mean that angels alone are necessarily the only means used in the verse quoted.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Angels have preached in the OT and NT...
    I don't think it could. Every time an angel proclaims anything in the Bible, it's in a man's form.
    I agree He has ordained us. But we also see Him ordaining angels to do His will, too.

I agree they are not the only means. My point was that the argument is made on this thread that there are some areas of the earth that man hasn't gone to yet to evangelize, therefore some men will die without ever hearing the Gospel. I added these to show that God can spread the Gospel to whomever...wherever, in spite of man's efforts.

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Christ said He is the only way to heaven. there is no evidence that anyone ever perishes without the gospel. This is assumed and not proven.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Where is your Scriptural evidence to support your notion?

It would seem to me that the Apostle Paul made the case that some indeed would not hear the gospel. He mentioned that those that have not the law would be judged without the law. If they have not the law, how could they have had the gospel given to them?

If you are going to take this position, you would have to also conclude that a preacher has been sent to all, for no one can hear according to Scripture, unless one is sent and they hear.

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

Can anyone on this list, set forth one example in which the gospel message has been actually carried to a human by an angelic messeger from either Scripture or the experience of anyone?

We know that an angel told of the coming Messiah, but that is not the gospel in and of itself is it?

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I supplied the Scripture already, but you just dismissed it. Would it really help to supply more? Seems like your mind is made up.
    Gospel means "good news", so yes an angel proclaiming the coming Messiah is doing just that...sharing the Gospel.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I did not think I dismissed it, I just felt that you are reading into the Scriptures you set forth more than can be rightfully read into them.

10. amity

amity New Member

No, of course people who never hear the gospel are not condemned based on that fact. If Christ died for their sins they are saved. If not, they aren't. Same as everyone else!

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Are you sure you want to pin the rap of sin and its punishment on our Fair, Just, Loving Heavenly Father, and making Him out to be a respecter of persons?

Christ not only died for the sins of the whole world, but is a propitiation for the sins of the whole world, not just the elect.
    1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
    Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

12. Mike4334

Mike4334 New Member

Hell deserved for all

Yes, even people who do hear the gospel and accepted it deserve hell. I say this because this is what they deserve. I do not imply this is what they receive.

It is by the punishment of "Him who knew no sin but was made sin" on the cross that we don't get what we deserve. It a principle called grace. Don't ever forget it.

The bible is clear that all people were condemned under sin. All Christians would be condemned under sin if it was not for God gracious action. Our conversion in and of itself doesn't merit freedom from God's judgement, only Christ taking sin upon himself on the cross for us does. People need to move their understanding of Christ to this end. Faith is only the means that God appointed to administer this grace.

13. Mike4334

Mike4334 New Member

I don't think i need to pull out the Bible to say that hell is a real place and people go there.

If you disagree, maybe you can take it up with the World Court. Certainly, everyone isn't voting. I do need to pull out dictionary to prove world has many meanings. I might then in the height of arrogance prove that I am still a worldly creature. That is a creature with the quality of everybody everywhere, without exception. Forgive me, if I have caused you some offense. I am a fallen creature within this world. I must somehow work out how to love the world while not doing so, like God does. It is hard unless of course world has multiple meanings.

Oh yeah, the 'so' in John 3:16 in Greek refers to the fashion that God loves the world. Not extent, although I accept it to be true also. :godisgood:

#53 Mike4334, Apr 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  14. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Romans 1 "The INVISIBLE attributes of God being CLEARLY SEEN" by the pagans who know nothing of the Bible or of our Creator "SEEN through the things that HAVE BEEN MADE so that they are without excuse".

Roman 10 "Surely they have never heard HAVE they? Indeed they HAVE!"

15. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

No.....if they have not had the Grace to Hear the Word of God but have live a naturalistic good life....then so God will judge them:godisgood:

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually "world" in John 3:16 is kosmos...which means universe, so the fashion and extent coincide with one another.

17. AAA

AAA New Member

I believe that all un-believers will NOT be saved and I believe that all believers will be saved. And yes every one has a chance to be saved, God can reveal HIS son to anyone that HE so choses...

GOD will have mercy upon whom He will have mercy!

18. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    2Peter 3 "God is NOT willing that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to repentance".

19. AAA

AAA New Member

AMEN!

It's so sad to see other (NOT you) people try to refute this SCRIPTURE...

20. Brother Randall

Brother Randall New Member

Yes, that's what it means.