1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Doctrine of Election Livestream TODAY 5 PM EST - feedback wanted!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Christian person, May 16, 2021.

1. Christian person

Christian person New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Bring questions and objections to the doctrine of election in Calvinism. Livestream starts at 5 pm EST. Rick is my friend and I'm very interested in people, especially Arminians (i'm neutral and do not hold a strong opinion of soteriology), to show up with questions/comments/objections to the Calvinist doctrine of election.

I'm not a Baptist but I have no real objections to Baptist theology. I'm non-denominational only because I am not part of a denomination at present. I came here because I really want to see interesting discussion about the Calvinist doctrine of election.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The biblical doctrine of election is believed by Christians throughout time, even Calvinists believe it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read back on this section's threads for the past 10 years, and I think you will see almost all that can be said.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is not any scripture stating gentiles are ever elected. The whole idea came about from jealousy of the Jew. The Bible as we know it, is addressed to the Jew. Sure there are Gentiles in it but, that doesn't mean they can replace the Jew.
    MB

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gary Anderson

Gary Anderson New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Gentiles were already elected. Luke 21:24. Now it is time for those with Jewish DNA to be saved. Romans 11.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No such thing in either passage. Another Calvinist adding to scripture his own thoughts
    MB

7. Gary Anderson

Gary Anderson New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How convenient to deny the truth without evidence. But this you can be sure of, predestination was not just taught by legalistic Reformed. It was also taught by the 1646 First Baptists. See www.newcovenanttheology.com

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That does not make anything in Calvinism true. I couldn't care less about 1646. Few people back then could read. Calvinism is all based on philosophy and opinions and not what scripture says. I believe in Jesus Christ not the false doctrine of Calvinism.I have shown proof from scripture you have shown what other men have said in ignorance. I follow Christ not some dead guy
    MB

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt that you understand what predestination really is. Simply because you rely on the testimonies of men and not scripture.You apply to your self what is promised to the Jew because others have said it is so.
    YOU BELIEVE IN MEN!. Not scripture.
    MB

10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So only Jewish believers are to "give diligence to make your calling and election sure: . . ." 2 Peter 1:10.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just ask your self who is the apostle to the Gentiles. It sure wasn't Peter.. Peter was speaking to Jews.
    MB

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So there is no comparable advice for gentile believers. How to not in any way to fail in the faith.

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @MB,
    Aside from the fact that I at this time cannot understand your view on election only for Israel. Can you step me through how to come to that view? Thank you. The steps, one at a time. The Bible is our common ground.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is NO Covenant left with the jews other then same as with gentiles, as ALL saved are under the NC and all are now the elect chosen in Christ!

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just the mere fact that elected Gentiles are never mentioned. Oh you've shown scripture but not one of them prove they are elected.. Election happened in the old testament it's recorded there. Where's the record for Gentiles being elect?there simply isn't any
    MB

16. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your opinion is not scriptural
    MB

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the Ephesian church was not a gentile church, "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: . . .According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: . . ."

18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So like the Calvinist you believe you will be saved. While other will be sent to hell because they weren't elected. Leaving them with no chance. You also fail to notice these are chosen in Him in other words they already belong to Christ.This choosing has nothing to do with the election but you tend to lump them together.
    MB

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am trying to understand your view.
    All believers are chosen (Ephesians 1:4), but only Jewish believers are the elect. (Matthew 24:31)

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chosen and elect would be the same thing!