1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doctrine or attitude?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Aug 14, 2007.

?
  1. Doctrine is most important, regardless of attitude

5.9%
  2. Attitude is most important, regardless of doctrine

26.5%
  3. Depends on how bad the doctrine is and how bad the attitude is.

61.8%
  4. Not sure or have other opinion.

5.9%
  1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I don't think it is a bad thing if someone gets angry because they feel that God's character is being maligned. If anything, I'd be more worried if you (editorial you) DIDN'T get bent out of shape if you thought God's character is being maligned.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When someone joins the church I am a member of, or pastoring, and brings in strange doctrines that we do not hold to, I draw the line, and push out.

But in a board like this with posters whose faces I do not see ?

The least we can do is to recognize we have differing doctrines, and try to be civil in our attitudes.

If not, well, there's the ignore button, and the delete button on the keyboard, and there are other boards.

What am I saying ?

I'm not trying to convert anyone to the Doctrine of Grace, as we Primitive Baptists understand it, just debating, that's all.

But the church I go to believes in the Doctrine of Grace as we PB's understand it, and we do not use musical instruments, nor pass the plate, nor do we have choirs or "special" numbers, nor mission boards, or missionaries, or Sunday Schools. We use real wine in communion, and wash each other's feet, and visit each other.

Anyone who proposes to join us and says he is Primitive Baptist but brings "strange fire" with him, I'll douse off the fire before he can say "achoo" and out the door he goes.

That's the line drawn.

#22 pinoybaptist, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007
  3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I'd sign on the dotted lines, too.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Call me chauvanistic, or whatever...I always find myself biting my tongue pretty hard when a poster is rude to a lady. I was taught you just don't do that. And the biggest "guilt attacks" I've felt on here was the couple of times that I showed less grace than I should to a female poster. I'm not sure others would have said it was "rude," but it certainly wasn't chivalrous.

Now I know that we should not be ugly to anyone here...but I just don't do well with people that are rude to ladies. And fortunately, that list (of posters who are rude to ladies) has been a short one.

SLIGHTLY ON-TOPIC THREAD:

A famous 19th-century businessman was explaining how he did business to a friend.

"I never ask a gentleman for money," he said.

"What if the fellow doesn't pay?" asked his friend.

"Then I conclude he isn't a gentleman, and so I ask him for the money," he replied.

Eventually, some folks just end up showing they can't play nice. It's then that our mods earn their pay...although I can't believe that they earn 6 and 7 figure incomes for being mods!!!! (at least that's what I heard)

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

This is one time where it is not only acceptable to get upset with someone but it is proper.

On the one hand it is true that we all have opinions but only the Bible is true and both people can't be right on a particular issue.

6. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Atitude is a perception Doctrine a position

7. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mr

Posters can be banned for any or no reason. It's up to the Moderator.

9. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

True However I am also a firm believer that attitude determines your altitude.
    if you get my meaning:thumbs: