1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Doctrines of Calvinism denying the offer of salvation to the world

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by JonC, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The answers I receive are broad. I am trying to get down to specifics. The answers run in a broad circle.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No such thing as being elected to hell. Election is ALWAYS an election of Grace.

Those going to hell are ALREADY CONDEMNED.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok while his wording may not have been the best your answers misses the crux of His question.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, the answers are clear. But, humans have a tendency to look for a loophole when they don't like the answer being provided. I observe that this is the case in this present thread.

5. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    TC's answer was right on target with the statement made by Reynolds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

FIRST HEAD: ARTICLE 6. That some receive the gift of faith from God, and others do not receive it, proceeds from God's eternal decree. "For known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world" (Acts 15:18 A.V.). "who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will" (Eph 1:11). According to which decree He graciously softens the hearts of the elect, however obstinate, and inclines them to believe; while He leaves the non-elect in His just judgment to their own wickedness and obduracy. And herein is especially displayed the profound, the merciful, and at the same time the righteous discrimination between men equally involved in ruin; or that decree of election and reprobation, revealed in the Word of God, which, though men of perverse, impure, and unstable minds wrest it to their own destruction, yet to holy and pious souls affords unspeakable consolation.

FIRST HEAD: ARTICLE 7. Election is the unchangeable purpose of God, whereby, before the foundation of the world, He has out of mere grace, according to the sovereign good pleasure of His own will, chosen from the whole human race, which had fallen through their own fault from the primitive state of rectitude into sin and destruction, a certain number of persons to redemption in Christ, whom He from eternity appointed the Mediator and Head of the elect and the foundation of salvation. This elect number, though by nature neither better nor more deserving than others, but with them involved in one common misery, God has decreed to give to Christ to be saved by Him, and effectually to call an draw them to His communion by His Word and Spirit; to bestow upon them true faith, justification, and sanctification; and having powerfully preserved them in the fellowship of His son, finally to glorify them for the demonstration of His mercy, and for the praise of the riches of His glorious grace; as it is written "For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will — to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves." (Eph 1:4-6). And elsewhere: "And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified." (Rom 8:30).

Makes me want to invite homeless people over for thanksgiving and just eat my dinner in front of them making sure I say grace before and after.

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are confusing the issue with your unbiblical statements suggesting the will is free. It is not but when you are careless in what wording you use it is not helpful.

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. My answer was right on point. He doesn't under stand the error of his version of "free will" so, thusly, he fails to understand the bible doctrine of election.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was on your point not his.

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was exactly on his point.

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The will of all sinners are still free to choose, but the options able to choose from has been restricted due to the sin nature. No longer have full free will available.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it wasn't his point was that God determined some would go to hell without an offer of grace.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No double predestination, as predestination refers to those whom are the elect in Christ.

14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question I am asking that everyone runs circles around instead of answering is as follows: Does every person born have the opportunity to choose whether or not they want salvation? Does God invite all to repentance? Doess He fervent my call all to repentance? Can man reject that call? Simple answers would be greatly appreciated.

15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which I showed was a false understanding.

It is no wonder you didn't understand the point of my post as you have the same flawed understanding of "free will" and election he does.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and other articles deny your interpretation so probably there is an understanding that affirms both aspects of the Cross (as a legitimate offer to all but also as securing salvation for only those who believe).

The answer is twofold. First, the articles were an answer to what is not orthodox Calvinism. Second, you are blending the Calvinistic view of what the Cross is to the World and what the Atonement is to those who believe.

17. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the implication of not being "elect in Christ"?

18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

He does more than just invite, He commands all men everywhere to repent.

Yes.

Yes. Most do.

You have been given these simple answers over and over again, then a few posts later you ask the same questions again, which you already have the answer to. Is this time going to be any different?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be more helpful to offer instruction than to civilly call me stupid.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure where I am going wrong in communicating with you on this? He was asking for clarification on a previous discussion. You chimed in with your own take on things and treated it as if your is the same as the other. Nothing about what I have said should have told you anything about my position on this. I was just simply recomunicating his question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.