1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Calvinism ever really answer the major objection?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, Calvinists teach that God creates billions of men who are born sinners through no fault or choice of their own, and that God passes by these unelect and then casts them into the lake of fire to be tormented forever, simply for being who God created them to be. God does this to bring glory to himself.

Calvinists teach all that, but they never teach God is evil.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFL......Archangel "young man" & Brother, PLEASE! Do you expect them "NOT" to be biased & show favoritism.....:laugh:. As you have displayed, thats not how it works in BB land. :smilewinkgrin:

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

1. Questions about moderation should be handled through PMs, as per the rules.

2. The part of glfredrick's comments that was reported, to my knowledge, was the part about inferring that another was the 'anti-christ'. The other statement you quoted remains in several posts, though the word 'blasphemy' is typically not allowed due to its 'inflammatory' nature.

3. Moderators typically only moderate posts that are actually reported, so if one post is reported and another is not then that COULD be the reason for the apparent discrepancy.

4. Dr. Bob, Frogman and others are Calvinistic moderators and get the same reports we do. It is up to them to get involved.

5. Just today DHK also edited one of my posts that was reported. It was a misunderstanding and no cause for edit, but nevertheless this proves he is willing to address even the mistakes of other moderators of the 'same' theological bent.

6. I personally have edited the same number of Cals as I have non-Cals on this board. Just ask around. Non-Cals tend to take it a bit better coming from me than the Cals (which I can understand), thus you probably don't hear the complaints or even know about all the times they are also corrected.

7. We all are subject to make errors. I make them all the time as I'm sure many of you would like to testify. :) But, the rules actually tell us all to edit ourselves first and foremost and to rely on moderation only as a last resort.

8. Inflaming is writing a post which has the OBVIOUS intent to demean, criticize or anger another poster. We are supposed to engage the topic and if we don't like the topic just move on to another one. There is no reason to insult the post or the poster for no other reason than to be insulting. It reflects poorly on you and this whole forum.

9. Sometimes newbies are given a longer leash and warned privately first, so as not to drive them away. Those of us who have been here longer should know the rules.

10. I love you all. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

#163 Skandelon, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.