1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Church of Rome Hold the The True Gospel?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Jul 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vincent1

Vincent1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1 Corinthians 11:27–29 (ESV): Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no doubt that the bread and wine symbolize the body and blood of Christ.

I have a picture of my wife in my wallet - I show it to someone and say "this is my wife".

Remember - no cameras is Jesus day - the bread and wine are pictures.

3. Vincent1

Vincent1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes but, “This is my body.” Not “This symbolizes my body”

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Taking it in an unworthy matter refers to one living in known unconfessed sin , NOT rather they hold to if it be the flesh and blood or not!

5. Vincent1

Vincent1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Catecism of the Catholic Church para. 1364 In the New Testament, the memorial takes on new meaning. When the Church celebrates the Eucharist, she commemorates Christ's Passover, and it is made present the sacrifice Christ offered once for all on the cross remains ever present.185 "As often as the sacrifice of the Cross by which 'Christ our Pasch has been sacrificed' is celebrated on the altar, the work of our redemption is carried out."186

1365 Because it is the memorial of Christ's Passover, the Eucharist is also a sacrifice. The sacrificial character of the Eucharist is manifested in the very words of institution: "This is my body which is given for you" and "This cup which is poured out for you is the New Covenant in my blood."187 In the Eucharist Christ gives us the very body which he gave up for us on the cross, the very blood which he "poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."188

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He told them while still with them, so they were cannabilizing his body in upper room?

7. Vincent1

Vincent1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If the Lord told you to eat his flesh woiluld you obey?

8. Vincent1

Vincent1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why would you be guilty of His body and blood if it was but a symbol?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there any sacramental grace bestowed upon those receiving it then?

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God never would ask us to do that, as that would be sinful!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Let's see if this is an answer to what you are asking, Yeshua1

The Eucharist is the glorified body of Jesus Christ. Christ’s risen body is not a resuscitated corpse like that of Lazarus, but an utterly transformed “spiritual body” (I Cor. 15:44) far different from the spatio-temporal “body of our lowness.” (Phil. 3:21) Therefore, when a Catholic Christian receives the Eucharist, he is receiving not just flesh but glorified flesh, a resurrected and transfigured “super body” that foreshadows the new reality of a new Heaven and a new earth. Cannibalistic practices don’t do that.

The Eucharist is life. Cannibals eat what is dead. The Aztecs, the most notorious cannibalistic society in history, ate the beating hearts of victims, but they were still eating something doomed to die, and in the act of eating, it did die. By contrast, Christ, is alive. He rose on the third day, and is present in the Eucharist as fully alive (indeed, He is Life itself). Our reception of the Eucharist doesn’t destroy or change that in any way.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because you were mocking that which they reprsented, the shed bllod of jesus upon the Cross, and his broken body ther ein your place!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What purpose is there to be do that? We are havingf saved by Him, receiving ALL spiritual bvlessings in Christ, why needing that?

14. Vincent1

Vincent1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why would it be sinful to eat the body of the Lord if commanded by Him to do so? Disobeying Him would be sinful.

Furthermore, human sacrifice is sinful. Yet God commanded it of Abraham.
    James 2:21 (ASV): Was not Abraham our father justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his son upon the altar?

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Gospel of John was gioven to impart spiritual truth/application, and yet the Jews, as do theCatholics, keep missing that as being physical!

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO, God commanded the faith he had demonstrated by being willing to do as God asked him to...
    Faith alone in Jesus Justifies, but genuine faith will also have accompany works to support it existing now!

17. Vincent1

Vincent1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not my words, but the word of God.
    James 2:21 (ASV): Was not Abraham our father justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his son upon the altar?

But I do agree agree that having Faith means obeying the Lord, no matter what He asks. Up to and including eating His flesh and drinking His blood.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    James here does NOT refer to same as Paul does in Justification, as James refers to how we live showing to othgers that we are really now saved! paul refers to how we first get saved!

19. Cinnamon Apples

Cinnamon Apples New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, it does not. It took the place of the true good news and replaced it with the visage of man.
    The Council of Trent and others responsible.

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said - I don't say that when I show you a picture of my mother - this symbolizes my mother, but - this is my mother
    Besides that Jesus told you what He meant.

In the Douay-Rheims:

John 6:64 It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

In the KJV
    John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.