1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God Care Who Becomes Next President?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Oct 24, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Thanks John...

....that is as close to a miracle as I've seen in a few days :smilewinkgrin:

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

We got what we, as a nation, asked for.

Israel asked for a king, and though they were warned of the changes that would bring, they insisted. They got Saul. America wanted the hope and change that a lefty smooth-talker with no experience had to offer, and we got Obama.

I don't know if I'd call the last three years punishment. Time will tell, I suppose; but there's no denying things have changed.

Interesting that hope seems to be lacking.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Are we seeing in America what happens when a people who once knew the LORD as theur God decides to walk away/turn their back on Him and ways? Won't we reap what we are now sowing?

IF "Blessed is the nation, whose God is the LORD" is truth, would the opposite be true also?

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I don't where the idea that America ever had most favoured nation status with God ever came from. When was the time when America as nation truly had the Lord as her God? Nations can't do that, except Biblical Israel. That is an individual choice. Where does this idea of national spiritual union with God come from? Was the Lord America's God when she allowed the murder of children? Was the Lord America's God when she allowed the enslavement of fellow human beings or the deprivation of rights based solely on the colour of a man's skin?

Who are we to decide God's what God's wrath is? Isn't it presumptuous for puny man to say that 'this or that man is God's punishment for our sin?'

Beside, President Obama is just another in a serious of big spending, big government, free-wheeling politicians to fill the White House.

#24 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
  5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The only way I believe God might care is if it fits into whatever His plan is. It certainly doesn't matter to me who's president since all politicians (in my opinion) are pathological liars.

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

This verse may shed some light on the discussion:
    Romans 13:1
    Does that mean the bad guys, too?

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Go decides who will be in power, but it is not because He has favor over one or the other.

8. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

And isnt it nice to know that we can ignore reformed theology

9. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Hes been elected already

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes that means the bad guys too unless they ask us to disobey a standard of God.