1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God have active Wrath towards lost sinners in judgement?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, May 28, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    no, as that honors and highlights the grace of God!

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On and on, deflection after deflection. PSA is false doctrine. Christ "bought" both those to be saved and those never to be saved, 2 Peter 2:1 To claim Christ died only for the specific sins of the elect supposedly chosen before creation is a monstrous falsehood, denying the very grace of God.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God choose us in the Beloved from eternity past, in the bible, how is it "bogus?"

4. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well so is saying God sanctified those He predestined. Is not sanctification specific?

Either Atonement happened one time for every single descendant of Adam equally, or it did nothing. Any statements that start signaling out any particular human will not work, and are false. Can one person out sin any other person? Who is the judge?

Yes God keeps track, and yes God judges each individual. But when Atonement is applied, at the end, it is by each person, not each sin the person did. All works are burned up, and what is left does not save a person either.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is not into Universalism, and heaven and hell are both eternal!

6. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    What people think and the doctrines they come up with cannot change Scripture. If you think that Universalism applies to my quote, you have a wrong interpretation of my quote. Universalism claims all will not be lost. That is not what my post states, nor implies.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asked and answered more than a dozen times, yet Y1 repeats the question and ignores the answer we were chosen corporately, thus in Him.

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Utter nonsense with no reference to scripture. How about 2 Peter 2:1, where Christ bought to going to destruction? How about desires all to be saved? How about laid down His life as a ransom for all. Your view is as bogus as a three dollar bill.

Providing the means of salvation for all mankind does not equate with God choosing individuals through faith in the truth. Two different actions of God.

And God did not predestine anyone to salvation, He predestined those in Christ to (1) one be conformed to the image of Christ, and (2) to our bodily redemption at Christ's second coming.

9. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of your opinion and lack of your own proof in Scripture, they are one and the same. One Atonement, One God, and One Plan.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why, folks, do posters misrepresent the views and posts of others. Note the lack of any quote.

Did I prove Christ died for those to be saved and those never to be saved citing 2 Peter 2:1? Yes
    Did I prove Christ became the means of salvation for all mankind? Nope. However 1 John 2:2 says Christ became the propitiation or means of salvation for the whole world, referring in my view to all mankind.
    Did I prove God predestined believers to be conformed to the image of Christ? Nope, I did not cite Romans 8:29.
    Did I prove God predestined believers to be redeemed at Christ's second coming? Nope, I did not cite Ephesians 1:5, Ephesians 1:11, Ephesians 1:14 and Romans 8:23. But these prove our predestined "adoption" and "inheritance" refers to our bodily redemption at Christ's second coming.

OTOH, was Christ dying once for all in dispute? Nope. Was the fact there is only One God in dispute? Nope Was the idea that God had only one redemption plan in dispute? Nope. Deflection therefore from A to Z. Only after a person is placed "in Christ" are they washed of their sins by the blood of the Lamb, thus (1) Christ died for all, and (2) only those placed in Christ benefit from Christ's provision of the means of salvation.

11. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not call your post utter nonsense. I said regardless. Do you realize that the church is the responsible party? Those not saved is our responsibility. I am not deflecting. I was warning that being too specific is not God’s Will.

If you have no clue who is saved and who is not saved, you will be fine. You will be prepared. You will be doing your best to repent and pray that all humans will come to repentance.

The time for doctrine and theology is over. No more playing church, and enjoying life. No, I did not say stop going to church. I said stop playing church.

It matters now more than ever, that all repent and turn to God.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. We were once by nature children of wrath. God's wrath would not be directed towards Jesus because the Bible tells us that God's wrath abides on the wicked, never the righteous.

This should answer all of your questions:

Ephesians 2:1-7
    1 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
    2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
    3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
    4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
    5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
    6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
    7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We were choen in Him by God the father from eternity past, on individual basis!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While Jesus was the Sin bearer, He was at that point in time seen by the Father as the One in the stead, in place of His own people, and thus was necessary to receive our due punishment and judgement for our sins!
    The spotless lamb of God took upon Himself in full what we deserve in full!

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. God is righteous and will never be proven a liar (God did not punish Jesus in our stead). While I understand the appeal of human philosophy, we have to stick with the Bible on this one.

The biblical answer is the same - Yes, God's wrath wrests on men. No, God's wrath never rested on Christ. Because of that God's wrath never rests on those of us who are now "in Christ".

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If his wrath was not on Jesus for our sins, that is still on all of us!

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not according to the Bible.

Why do you believe God would not be just to forgive upon repentance unless He has first punished those sins He forgives?

18. Noah Hirsch

Noah Hirsch Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God being infinitely perfect, holy, and just cannot just overlook our sins or turn aside from His justice by forgiving our sins, or declaring us to be righteous in His verdict as Judge without payment made for our transgressions of His righteous Law and government. Who can a righteous God, a righteous Judge pardon the guilty? "He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the righteous, Both of them alike are an abomination to Jehovah." (Proverbs 17:15 ASV)
    In order to be both just and not violate His own justice God and justify the unrighteous God sent His Son to the the propitiation (satisfaction) for our sins. It is said of Jesus, "whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God; for the showing, I say, of his righteousness at this present season: that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him that hath faith in Jesus." (Romans 3:25-26 ASV)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who said anything about God overlooking sin?

Scripture says God is just to forgive upon repentance (this means one turning from sin).

Redemption is the righteousness of God manifested apart from the law (not through it), God is just and the justified of sinners.

God set forth Christ as a propitiation, through Him we escape the wrath to come for God was pleased to crush Him, to lay our sins upon Him. By His stripes we are healed. Christ died for our sins.

Pay attention to Scripture, it really makes sense without adding to it. God was never wrathful towards Christ because the Bible says so.... Period.

20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    timtofly,
    Not Adam, but seed of Abraham;
    Heb2
    16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels;
    but he took on him the seed of Abraham.