1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God judge and comdemn Sodom For Sins, or for gay lifestyles?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    there will be no extra charge for the bonus vs

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The Biblical meaning of to "know " someone meant in a sexual way--just as Adam "knew" his wife--meaning sexually. The men of the city wanted Job to send the two "men" out so that they could "know them"--meaning they wanted to have sex with them. Therefore, the destruction was because of homosexuality, which was apparently rampant there--so bad that everyone was destroyed, and it was utter and complete destruction.

I fear that the US could soon be judged and destroyed because of it's acceptance of homosexuality and laws made to protect their "right" to live so wickedly. I pray that I will be gone and safely home before then. "This world is not home; I'm just passing through."

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let Age Speak for Itself....

Rev may be older, but age brings a wisdom the youthful arrogance lacks! I'd rather trust the views of an older, experienced, time tested preacher than the haughty words of a conceited young person that leans not unto the understanding of others than their own thoughts.

He who thinks he is wise, is but a fool. And we know what Paul said about the folks who considered themselves to be wise? They were deemed foolish and turned over to their own understandings and lost forever!

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Umm. Put me back on your IGNORE list please.:smilewinkgrin:

5. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To my knowledge: both

Granted, the term "sexual immorality" is somewhat ambiguous.
    What would be considered sexual perversions, though? What comes to mind for me is homosexuality, bestiality, pedophilia, rape, etc. I don't consider any sort of sexual act between a (married) heterosexual couple, even ones done simply for pleasure, to be a perversion.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Not the point at all, and not what Zaac is saying. The point is that homosexuality was not the only, or even primary reason. That, combined with a number of other sins was the Biblical reason God clearly states that He destroyed Sodom.

God may very well judge the world, or some particular part of the world, for its sins today - but it won't be for homosexuality alone.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Agreed QD - good post.

8. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Then why has Europe not been judged and destroyed? They have been accepting of homosexuality for longer than we have. Some legalized gay marriage as far back as 2003. Why do American's think we are so special? Oh, that's right, it's the absurd belief that we are a God ordained theocracy... which we are not. There has only been one, and unless you are preaching replacement theology, we aren't that nation.

Worry about being judged for sitting around hating people rather than going and doing!

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one said that. Homosexuality is the last straw, and it brings a final judgment.

10. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So God in Jude stated that THE peculiar sinning that was the 'final straw" for Sodom was sexual perversion, going after strange flesh, paul stated in Romans, from god, that active Homesexuality is an unnatural sin against created order, and that those active and promoting that will get turned over to depraived minds, yet you really don't see is the primary sinning tht got them judged by the lord?

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EVERY culture/society that actively alowed for and promoted it got destoryed within, see Rome, and Europe has had the light of the gospel almost killed off in their, due to morals declining so much!

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Can we PLEASE close this one too? :laugh:

14. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I can detect a homosexual as far as I can see one by their prissy way's. I also have never talked to one that want's anything to do with Christ or the church or living a Christian lifestyle. It seems that some on this board has a mindset that they are going to convert a homo, Wrong, you are just fooling yourselves. A homosexual has given themselves over, and thus have been given over to a reprobate mind, without natural affections, burned in their lust one toward another, having vile affections, doing that which is against nature, Rom1.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a question!

I had NEVER stated that I would not service them, nor treat them with respect and consideration, but I would NOT conduct my business with them at a gay wedding, gay parade/celebration etc either

Would you?

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Umm that thread just got closed. So why are you now bringing that discussion to this thread?

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Gosh, I don't. I lack the power to convert the homosexual, the heterosexual, the fornicator or any other sinner.

If it were not worth the time of them possibly coming to faith in CHrist, then there would have been no reason for Scripture to say

Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.1 Cor. 6:9-11

Praise Jesus that He didn't give up on us when we were lost or mired in sin.

18. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Yea, God once winked at ignorance but he don't any more.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes indeed!

Think our brother refers to where those involve din that lifestyle to such an extent that have NO desire to repent, nor ever come out of it, celebrate it, God turns them over to having a seared conscious and having reprobate minds impossible to save at that point!

20. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

As others have already indicated in previous postings on this thread, there are other sinful practices that God's Word also condemns.

One finds a list of some of the more blatant sins in Proverbs 6:16-19.

Here's how the KJV records these sins:

"16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    "17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    "18 An heart that deviseth wicked imanginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    "19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Most, if not all, of these abominable things that Proverbs describes are also described in some fashion in the Ten Commandments that God gave to Moses.

Jesus Christ Himself also makes mention of many of these same sins in His "Sermon on the Mount" (especially that portion of it that's recorded in Matthew 5).

We are all guilty to some extent of many of these sins because we've inherited a depraved nation from our "First Adam" (I Cor. 15:45).

While we may not wish to commit such sins as these, without the Holy Spirit abiding in us when we trusted Christ as our personal and only Savior, we oftentimes find ourselves in the same dilemma as the Apostle Paul did when he reflected on his situation in Romans 8:15-25.

Thankfully, those of us who are truly saved by God's matchless grace can take comfort that we can receive forgiveness and cleansing of these ungodly things such as are listed in I Corinthians 6:9-11 because of the power of the blood of Jesus Christ that is available to those of us who repent and confess our sins as the Apostle John urges us to do in I John chapters one and two!!

:jesus: :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.