1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God need to be worshipped?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by chekmate, Mar 1, 2002.

1. tulpje

tulpje Guest

"If you were Abraham's children ye would do what Abraham did.... You are of your father the devil. It was intolerable to them to hear that they were not Abraham's but the devil's children, nor can they bear to hear this today. The Children of Abraham"

We believe this today! and you are right. this is the most compelling evidence of that. In fact, no Jew would say that we worship the same God. They vohemetly deny the Son and the Spirit. You do not worship our God unless you worship the Trinity as a whole. I am going to look later and dig up a nice article written from some Rabbi someplace where he says, "you cannot be a Christian and a Jew." Jews worship Satan! So do Muslims! They are not children of God. read for yourselves.

31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
    33They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants[2] and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?"
    34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37I know you are Abraham's descendants. Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38I am telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you do what you have heard from your father.[3] "
    39"Abraham is our father," they answered.
    "If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would[4] 40 do the things Abraham did. As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41You are doing the things your own father does."
    "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself."

The Children of the Devil

42Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? 47He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

In fact, I would say that this applies to all of you athiests. You do not hear the word of God because you are not children of God but children of Satan.

To God the glory!

tulpje
    (little tulip)

[ March 06, 2002, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

2. brighid

brighid New Member

Sich Heil Meine Fuhrer!! Gott is mit dir!

It is precisely this type of thinking that created the ability for an entire nation to fall under the control of a man on a mission to wipe out all of the "Children of Satan" – the Jew, the Atheist, the Homosexual, the Catholic and the Handicapped. Ah – the sublime religion of ubiquitous love and mercy! If this is the kind of thing one must believe in order to be a saved person, then I pity each and every person who finds salvation with this beast of a God. And yet – we are the Children of Satan.

Brighid

3. poikilotherm

poikilotherm New Member

Welp, I think that sums it up. Thanks.

4. tulpje

tulpje Guest

I didn't say it. Luther didn't say it. Jesus Christ himself said it!! :eek: :rolleyes:

5. radiochemist

radiochemist Guest

Why the hostility to chekmate? Starting with Barnabas, most of the replies were hostile and Barnabas was a bit threatening, as much as a moderator can be threatening. Was chekmate's question meant to "bait" anyone? Depends on how you define it, I suppose. But surely Barnabas and others should be able to defend their faith without closing off debate and without making a poster feel guilty about raising a point for discussion. On the other hand, if what you want is to drive away anyone who disagrees with your viewpoints, and to avoid having to deal with questions, then the approach that Barnabas uses serves that purpose.

It is interesting to compare the reactions of the moderators here with those of a muslim forum where I post. Muslims have a reputation (well deserved, I believe) of being highly intolerant of other religions and other viewpoints. Yet on their forum, I have had far less difficulty posting pro-American and Pro-christian viewpoints that I have had posting anything here that is outside of the Baptist orthodoxy. I think that the hostility often shown by Christians, towards other viewpoints, even Christian viewpoints, ultimately does a disservice to Christianity. It just does not look good in my opinion. I suspect that even this post will probably be removed because I dared to be critical of a moderator.

6. Arrowman

Arrowman Guest

So - I'll just give it away then, shall I? No point in even contemplating the possibility of the Christian faith, because I'm a child of Satan, not a child of God. No point in anyone here witnessing to me, because I will never hear their witness, because I'm a child of Satan.

Listen, petal - I'm an atheist. The only difference between me and you is that I worship one less God than you do. You and I share the same attitude to Vishnu, Zeus and all other gods. We have more in common than you think! As an atheist, it is possible, however unlikely, that I may one day "see the light". Others on this board have suggested that I haven't personally heard from God yet, but I may/will when God's ready. Fair enough.

But you've blown all that away now. Apparently there's no hope for me at all - not because I lack a belief in God (which could be changed in future), but because I'm a child of Satan and beyond saving. :( [​IMG] :confused:

7. tulpje

tulpje Guest

Romans 6
    3Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Through baptism we are reborn children of God!
    Acts 2

38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."

The promise is for you and your children!

8. Arrowman

Arrowman Guest

tulpje, several people here are doing you the courtesy of responding to your posts with their own thoughts, words and reasoning. Others are regular quoters of the Bible, but they do so in context and take the trouble to explain their reasoning in relation to the quoted passages.

Perhaps you could show some respect and do the same, instead of just continually quoting the Bible at us.

9. poikilotherm

poikilotherm New Member

Through baptism we are reborn children of God!
    Acts 2

Is that why Martin Luther recommended maiming people? Because he was reborn a child of G-d?

10. poikilotherm

poikilotherm New Member

Thanks, dogwood.

To any actual Christians reading this thread, who wonder why Jews don't rush en masse to the embraces of the "good news", I think that you have your reason. If I hold anything truly sacred (and I do), nothing is worth joining in worship with those, like the tulip here, who spit on it. That being said, I have never held that we worship different G-ds, nor do most of the Jews I know. Normative Judaism beleives Christianity to be in error considering the nature of G-d and His covenant, but most Jews recognise the sincere desire of Christians to worship the One who created the Universe.

To any atheists reading this exchange, I submit that, against my prejudices, the sort of contempt for another's doctrine that the tulip has shown is possibly the strongest argument I know of for agnosticism.

poikilotherm

11. brighid

brighid New Member

No sweetie - this is what Jesus Christ is alleged to have said! And if this is indeed what your God has said - you worship a demon. A demon that inspires the likes of the SS, the KKK, the Army of God, and all the other evil men that kill innocent men, women and children because they believe they are the Children of Satan. You are the Christian Taliban - no different, but worse because you claim to have to truth and the light from an all loving and merciful god!

It is my sincerest hope that if there is a God, He will indeed live up to his word and judge you by your own measure. Pray long and pray hard that He shall not judge you with the love, compassion and mercy with which you judge others.

Brighid

12. brighid

brighid New Member

The first time the Deity came down to earth, he brought life and death; when he came the second time, he brought hell.

The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.

Man is a religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion--several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight.

-Samuel L. Clemens - aka Mark Twain

13. Star

Star New Member

You know... I find it easy to worship Him not because it says to or because He has a need but because I'M THE ONE IN NEED. I enter into His gates with thanksgiving and praise. I could not possibly feel the need to express that thankfulness that wells up inside me if I was still blind to the greatness of His works.

Your life is a Worship in Spirit and Truth, an unceasing prayer without an "Amen". He is ever before us, always drawing us closer and the more we behold Him the more centered our worship becomes in who He is.

I might not be the greatest expresser of what happens during worship (in its many forms) But as I pour my heart out to Him in either sorrow, joy or praise somehow those open gates bring something into me of Him. I recieve more through worshipping Him. I can see my selfishness in that regard. I need more of Him and somehow worship opens that door. I'm no better for "doing it" I feel as if I don't even live anymore and the only thing I'm seeing in my Spirit of worshipping Him is Him.

Did you ever feel lifes troubles are just about to overtake you? Everything looks enormous to you. Then you just can't wait to be ushered into His presence. You worship Him and not long after you feel that you are on the top of the mountain looking down. All those problems that looked so large to you shortly before have now become so small, because your with the one who created all things. He is greater then our circumstances.

I'm the one who needs to be strengthened in Him. He has never failed to be my source of strength in my time of need and knowing this experiencially who could not worship such greatness? Unless you haven't tasted and seen that He is good.

In Him Kim

14. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I disagree. Most Jews I know acknowledge that we worship the same God, albeit from two very different viewpoints.

As much as I would disagree with someone who would dent the triune nature of God, I don't think that necessarily means that you worship a "different" God, just an unbiblical one.

How about a Messianic Jew?

Thank you for clearing that up. I had no idea. I assume by "Jews" that you mean all Jews, including Jesus?

Mike

15. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mike - Tulpje hasn't been on this site in months!

16. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

LoL...Mike are you bored with the BB right now? I see that you have brought alot of older topics back to the top [​IMG]

Bro. Adam

17. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Oh...umm...OK. Sorry, my mistake. Of course I know tulpje hadn't been around for months. I was adressing that to Arrowman. ;)

No, I'm not bored with Baptist Board, I'm just bored. I tore my foot up yesterday and it's hurts too much to walk on so I'm stuck in the house today.

Mike

[ September 17, 2002, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Smoke_Eater ]

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

HankD

19. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Friend:

If you like to read books, please let me suggest one to you that touches directly upon this topic. It is called THE PLEASURES OF GOD, and is written by John Piper.

Rev. G