1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does grace make the flesh profitable?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by allinall, May 5, 2011.

1. allinall

allinall New Member

Press the question! I'm trying to lead you to the obvious answer. I'll give you a push to start your momentum.

Why do some love darkness, do evil, do not come to the light, while others "do truth"?

Why do some love sin and other not?

Why do some hear and others not?

Why are some convicted by the Spirit and others not?

Why do some see that all good comes from God and others not?

The rest goes likewise.

And when you have the answers to those questions, which are in scripture, continue to 'press the question' until you end at grace or self.

Dave

#21 allinall, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
  2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Start with ourselves

The way the one's who claim they are filled by the Holy Spirit and can't be deceived treat each other I can see who makes one different than the other it isn't God but man. God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. If we want to see change in the world we need to start with ourselves.

If a farmer did nothing with the seed given to him by God, he will have no crop.

It is the serpent's who God created fault. It was the women who God created fault. We have been from the beginning looking at the wrong culprit. The world is the way it is because of me, please forgive me Jesus.

3. allinall

allinall New Member

Nobody is claiming that they can't be deceived. At least not that I heard. See 1 Corinthians 4:7 for answer.

God commands that the Gospel be preached to all, because, when we indiscriminately cast forth the seed of the gospel, the Spirit germinates the seed of those He came to save (1 Thess 1:4, 5 John 6:63-65). People are not saved in a void but under the preaching of the Gospel and the Spirit brings forth life through the word of truth.

1 Corinthians 3:6-7 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

Yes, all who don't repent and believe hold all the responsibility for that, and they will reject God willingly.

Dave

#23 allinall, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
  4. psalms109:31

scripture

1 Corinthians 4:7 (New International Version, ©2011)

7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?

Answer from the word.

Proverbs 3:
    5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[Or will direct your paths]

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the LORD and shun evil.
    8 This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones.

Zephaniah 3:12
    But I will leave within you the meek and humble. The remnant of Israel will trust in the name of the LORD.

Luke 10:21
    At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

Nothing will grow if nothing is planted or watered then right?

2 Corinthians 5:
    16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[Or Christ, that person is a new creation.] The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

1 Timothy 2
    Instructions on Worship
    1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles.

5. psalms109:31

What if we are really saving lives

Could people really be perishing because of us and not God, because men are not doing what God has asked of them and given them the power to do? How do you see these scriptures?

Ezekiel 3:
    18 When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for[Probable reading of the original Hebrew text; Masoretic Text sound—may the glory of the LORD be praised from his place] their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself.

20 “Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 21 But if you do warn the righteous person not to sin and they do not sin, they will surely live because they took warning, and you will have saved yourself.”

James 5:
    17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.

19 My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

James 3:
    1 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

#25 psalms109:31, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
  6. allinall

allinall New Member

The answer to the first is 'God'. The answer to the second, is 'nothing'.

Dave

#26 allinall, May 10, 2011
  7. allinall

allinall New Member

Can you please quote me where I even hinted that I actually believe otherwise. This isn't the first time you did this, either.

Dave

8. psalms109:31

Actually it is God through His word the word of life that starts it off, without the word of God no one will be saved and that is why Christ sent us off. We are His messnger, you are right I am no body, but it is the one who sends out the messenger that is greater. I must become less and He must become greater.

I praise God that He sent me the word of life that He loved the world that He sent His Son. His words continue to add unto what God convinced me off in my youth.

#28 psalms109:31, May 10, 2011
  9. psalms109:31

I am just curious of the answers that would be received by that.

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

If your answer is correct, then God is to blame.

You cannot say that God determines who will be saved and then say he is not responsible for who is lost. That is a complete contradiction and cannot possibly be the truth.

If you were drowning in a pool and I had a life preserver but refused to throw it out to you, who is responsible if you drown? I AM.

If I throw the life preserver to you and you grab ahold of it and I pull you in, who saved you, you or me? I DID.

Just because a man takes hold of the grace extended to him does not mean the man saved himself, without God's grace he would perish.

But if God chooses not to extend grace to a perishing man he could easily save, then God is responsible.