1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Having a Confession of Faith make you a Narrow Church?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Martin Marprelate, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An interesting podcast from Broken Wharfe, a British group dispensing Confessional Baptist resources.
    www.brokenwharfe.com
    Here's the podcast: Gmail

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Basically - YES - and for the most part we should not ashamed of our beliefs.

Now, I will say this - in our city, we have a fellowship of pastors. each of us have a few
    differences in doctrine. None of which involved salvation!. Yet, I am still able to fellowship with them. -- One pastor does believe in speaking in tongues - if he were to speak in our chruch, he would have the maturity not to do speak in tongues. And if I was to speak in his church, I would not preach that tongues is wrong.
    But if someone from his church wanted to join our church - we would be sure to that tongues would not be an issue.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

God is quite narrow. Jesus is the only way. John 14:6 is very narrow. Amos spoke about how narrow the way is.

• Winner Winner x 1