1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does it matter?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by computerjunkie, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

I apologize. But I did not mean it as an attack but rather a discussion. I am repeatedly accused of circular reasonig and holding to a double standard. But if I post an opinion. (Which is exactly what you did!) I am attacking? I have also come to expect a few negative things on these boards but I'm pretty hard headed.

Breath deep. It will be OK

Two saved men with no works.

*The thief on the cross.
    T*he man in I Cor 3:15 whose works were all burned uo at the Judgment seat.

Lacy
    </font>[/QUOTE]OK, maybe I was a little touchy. I still don't see how accusing me of having the same faith as a Catholic or a JW wasn't an attck, but I accept your apology.

The thief on the cross had works--he defended Jesus against the other thief; he did all he was capable of while being tortured to death without chance of release. The hypothetical person in 1 Cor. 3:15 (God's word there is tis, which means "anyone" or "anybody") may be a point for your side. I concede that possibility.

2. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

I promise I didn't mean it as a personal attack as I am sure you weren't calling anyone in particular a "Pagan".

I believe that most pagan religions Have some kind of system of "merit by works" for pleasing their gods. I know of no other religion that has a system of merit by faith alone in substituted works.

(2 cents worth)

Lacy