1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does It Matter

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Shortandy, Apr 2, 2010.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A lot of times, unfortunately, Christians jump on any evidence that is pro-6 day creation, without seriously considering the merits of the "proof". Case in point: the lost day of Joshua supposedly "found" by NASA scientists.(BTW the original version of this old discredited story came from Harry Rimmer).

But this link is an excellent example of a hasty rebuttal that has no substance in it. If you read it carefully you find no substantial explanation for polystrata tree fossils. Their response boils down to: "Oh yeah, well then ...uh .. what about those rocks?" IOW they change the subject.

Polystrata trees remain in my list A of evidence of a 6 day creation.
    Actually I should say list B. For me, the evidence from Scripture seems pretty convincing, esp. Ex. 20:11.

Please see the separate thread (In the beginning...) I started, so as not to derail this OP.

#61 asterisktom, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  2. Shortandy

Shortandy New Member

But Jesus spoke and it happened at that moment; a public display of His Divine nature. But how would this be interpreted if its not not 6/24 creation? How things are done in our time is secondary to that original question.

3. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

What if

What if the gap was not where you think it was in the 6 days, but in between Genesis 1 and 2. That Adam and then Eve was created separate from the rest of the world?

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I agree.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Because the bible says they were created on the 6th day. Gen 1:3 begins the days of creation, with man created on the 6th day. I don't see how you can say he was created sooner.

6. psalms109:31

I agree

I agree to. Men and women were created in His image and then in Gen. 2 you have the creation of Adam and Eve in a garden separated from the rest of the world.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Here is a page from your link completely debunking the global flood.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

This site seems to be nothing more than an attempt to prove the bible untrue.

From the page on your link:

You cannot believe in evolution and the bible at the same time.

#67 Amy.G, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A more accurate statement would be, "You cannot believe in evolution and with my [Amy's] interpretation of the Bible."

Amy, this is not an attack on you ... just a statement.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

God says that everything reproduces after it's own kind. Evolution says that one species can produce a different species, which is in direct contradiction to God's word. That's not my interpretation.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and the biblical one.

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, and though modern evolutionists deny that the theory deals with origins, what was the title of Darwin's book?

On the Origin of Species.

Life itself disproves evolution. Evolution teaches life originated from non-living matter, something that has been observed scientifically exactly 0% of the time.

However, life has been scientifically observed to come from pre-existing life exactly 100% of the time.

If life exists now (and it does), then life must have always existed. For if life ceased to exist, it would never exist again. Even a few honest evolutionists have admitted this.

Therefore if life exists now it must have always from eternity existed. And this is exactly what the scriptures teach.

So which is more scientific and has been observed, evolution or the scriptures?

12. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent post Winman, IMHO. 'Therefore if life exists now it must have always from eternity existed.' Excellent point, IMHO.

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Bump.........

14. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

O.k., not sure what "class" you took, but you need to ask for your money back!!
    Then you have not seen very many. The problem with the "millions of years" theory, is that (usually) the rate assigned to the stalactites, is older than the sediment layers in the surrounding cavern. I (hope!)trust you see the inherent physics problem.

Bro,

You need to be quiet while you are behind. There is so much wrong with what you are saying...

#1 Stalactites are formed from Calcium Carbonate. This is the mineral which causes hard water stains, and is (usually) the source of the brownish yellow crust on the outside of pipes. These calcium carbonate deposits also build up in hot water heaters.

#2 The thing on my pipe, was a stalactite. It was a projection from an upper surface, made out of calcium carbonate. That is the definition of a stalactite.

Which helps to prove that they were formed in a very short period of time. The idea that there would be no change in water flow, alignment (between top and bottom), etc. for MILLLIONS of years, is patently absurd.

LOL indeed. The MATH says they could be made in just a thousand years or so. I don't care about your ridiculous opinion, that a slow moving stream of water, went undisturbed and unmoved for millions of years.

To "prove" something scientifically, requires observation. Who in your class, sat there and watched water drip for 100 years? :tonofbricks:

I know, through scientific observation, that a foot long stalactite can form in less than five years. Yours is nothing but an unproven hypothesis.

Actually, there was a small stalagmite as well, though not as large (looked like an upside down plate; not pointed). The water hit the ground.

Just an FYI: near boiling water, dripped from 20 feet, will NOT evaporate before it hits the ground. So everything your saying, is pooh.

Tell me, what was thee humidity at the time the stalactite started to form? Oh, yeah, you were not there.

I do not even know where to start.

#1 Polystrata fossils. Regardless of the links given by people here, secular scientists have yet to provide a satisfying answer, for coalified trees going through supposedly MILLIONS of years of layers.

#2 NO, coal does not take millions of years to form. This is a long disproved idea. Coal, in the proper environment, can form in less than a hundred years.

So, pretty much everything you said is wrong; even according to the atheist scientists (who admit much of this).

15. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Excellent Post!!!!!

16. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Winman, your statement, conclusion:

Therefore if life exists now it must have always from eternity existed. And this is exactly what the scriptures teach.

Does this mean that you do not agree with the concept of a "finite time" limited universe, the cosmological concept of the Big Bang as the beginning point of the physical universe?

I am unclear about your premise about "eternally existing" life.

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Life can only come from life. Life cannot come from a non-living source, therefore life has always existed. Of course the source for all life is God.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Then you do not believe the word of God. The evening and the morning would have been understood by any Hebrew that it was one full day. If God had created the heaven and the earth over billions of years, He would have said so. But He did not. He said what He meant and meant what He said.

"evening and morning = one 24 hour day

19. RAdam

RAdam New Member

One problem is these people assume a uniform rate of deposit. There are very few precious things in this world that are uniform. Deposit of material is not one of them. Furthermore, anyone that's ever dusted a house knows that it doesn't take that many years for a whole lot of dust to settle. The evolutionist laughs at the bible believer because he sees the bible believer as superstitious, believing in that which he has not seen. It is ironic. The bible believer has far more facts and realistic history at his disposal than the evolutionist. The evolutionist is the superstitious one, believing in pure conjecture.

20. psalms109:31

Scripture

Romans 1:20
    For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

I do believe in the day and the night the six day creation, but sometimes when you do study around us our flesh does what to lean toward something out side that 6 day and a day of rest.

We must know also that God has revealed Himself through His word. The devil is a liar and a deceiver who knows what he placed around us to get us to doubt the word of God. Isn't the devil the prince of the air?

#80 psalms109:31, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010