1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does KJVO equal Fundamental?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 17, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Until after WW2, Japanese was always written in classical Japanese while being spoken in colloquial. Everyone agrees that the classical Japanese Bible is beautiful language, but a pastor friend of mine who swears by it gave the Shinkaiyaku (like the NASV) to his girls because they just couldn't understand the classical.
    Back in the day their coffee was awful. I was so glad when they upgraded their beans. I like their latte over here for 2/3 the price of Starbucks (which we have in the hospital near us!).

I remember on deputation in about 1978 spilling a large cup of the awful McD coffee of that day in my lap while tooling along on the interstate. Screamed for miles! [​IMG]

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

How about the KJVO's leave those of us who use the MV's alone and stop calling our Bibles "Not Inspired Versions" and stop calling us "Bible agnostics" and the like. That would go along way towards "peace in the Valley".

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

To quote Bill Clinton: "I feel your pain." :smilewinkgrin:

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Since we have passed page ten and, though the coffee discussion is lovely, it is time to close this tired old thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.