1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does The Bible Teach People To Have Homophobia?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by KobrinFamily, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    twaddle:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:fiddlesticks

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Let me add Icon, anyone who even looks at woman with ANY degree of impure thoughts, must also fall into this category!:confused:

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    QF,,,
    That is exactly why we are instructed to mortify sin in all forms...not to practice it!

Being spiritually minded...and mortifying sin are not optional...but rather essential...despite what easy believism teaches.

4. quantumfaith

Where did "easy believism" enter the conversation?

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is not what scripture says. it says who so ever looks on a woman to lust for her as committed adultery in his heart. That is a purpose clause. They look with the intent of lusting. So if that is their practice yes they are lost just like the person who is practiing homosexuality or any other sin.

6. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Abomination?

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.[2](Leviticus 18:22 KJV)

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.[3](Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

How many other sins does the Bible refer to as an "abomination"?

John

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

A bunch of them.

8. quantumfaith

That is precisely what I was attempting to communicate, obviously I was not too clear with it.

9. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

Eleven:

Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Deu 24:4 Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD:

Deu 25:15-16 But thou shalt have a perfect and just weight, a perfect and just measure shalt thou have: that thy days may be lengthened in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. For all that do such things, and all that do unrighteously, are an abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Pro 3:32 For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.

Pro 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

10. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

No Blackbird. What I mind is not that at all. (although I do mind condescending, sarcastic men who don't think a woman can have a mind and use it, a lot).

Secondly, I don't mind if there is a reality of measurement...but in this case there is NOT. I do not believe God "winks" at ANY sin, not even the way you and some of your cohorts have been treating me in this discussion. BTW, it's been offensive to me.

I also do not think the sin of homosexuality is not bad...it is, it's listed in scripture as an abomination. What I DO think, however, is it's not any worse than lying, cheating, being froward (you do know what that means right?...see I can be condescending as well.) Ever been proud? Told a lie? Shed innocent blood? Think evil things? Be quick to get into mischief? Be a false witness? Ever sow discord? ALL of those things are also listed specifically as abominations in scripture.

Now do you want to try to tell me that they carry less weight? Are you trying to tell me that we should no longer love someone who lies? We should no longer reach out and witness to them? We should tell them there's no possible way they can get into Heaven? Jesus spent his time with the worst sinners possible. He loved them and reached out to them. He told the thief, in his last living moments on earth, that on that day the thief would be with Him in Paradise.

What I think is we need to stop bristling, stamping our feet, and railing against it and instead put feet to our words and start witnessing against it, one person at a time, using the Gospel and letting God take care of the rest.

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

DiamondLady, all I can say to that last post woohooo------>baptist shout :wavey: !!

You go girl!

12. mandym

mandym New Member

The issue not being given any attention here is that other sins (equal or not) are not part of a political agenda. They are not being pushed in schools at grade school level to coerce and force acceptance. They are not trying to pass laws and brainwash our children with it. If they were doing those same things with those other sins (equal or not) then we would give them the same attention.

13. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The only thing the Bible teaches us about homosexuality is that it is immoral and condemned by God.

14. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Pretty much I mirrored your response to me. I see that bothers you.

And now? Yet another derogatory slam of my character, first about my knowledge, which was totally unecessary, and now about my ministry in winning others to Christ.

That's nice.

I've addressed the issue at hand. The plain fact is there are degrees of the severity of sin. This is plainly taught in the Scriptures.

Last I recall, God didn't take out some towns for stealing, or lying. Yet, He did just that for sodomy. Wonder why?

Here's my take: We just preach the Gospel, the elect will be saved, h*m*se*ual, or not.

That is, preach the Gospel, not messages against them to isolate them.

One more time, we just preach the Gospel, and His will be saved.

Now one thing you need to learn and grow in is tolerance of believers who disagree with you. That you cannot seem to do this and turn caustic and are dusting off your feet in just a couple of posts tells me that you struggle in this area.

It also tells me that it is quite unlikely you're as tolerant of "others" after you get off of your keyboard.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You are correct that there are different levels of sin. All sin is not equal.

16. preacher4truth

Thanks, it's just plain truth. :thumbsup:

17. quantumfaith

Please excuse me while I pick myself up off of the floor.

18. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

You don't me...not at all. You have no place to make judgments of me (which you have been doing from your first post on this topic). We do not agree. I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is your smirky, smarmy responses, slamming my character and intelligence. As I am still talking to you it's pretty evident that I am not as....oh, yes...caustic...as you accuse. I'm straightforward and I back up my words with scripture.

As a matter of fact God took out whole RACES of people for other reasons that sodomy. Read your Old Testament. I think you really need to get over this issue and see that the real issue is far greater than whether or not sodomy is the highest crime in Heaven and in God's eyes and whether on God's scale it weighs more than telling a lie....which scripture says it does not.

I'm an not a Calvinist. I do not believe in TULIP, I do not believe that those who espouse those beliefs are correct in their understanding of scripture. However, I don't try to shout you down because you believe differently than I believe scripture teaches. I don't constantly try to slay others with my ugly words and accusations as I have seen you do time and time again, subject after subject on these message boards.

I could call you an ugly little man for your constant attacks, but I have never attacked you personally....your words, absolutely. Your opinions on scripture...you bet. But never YOU. Unlike you who have used every opportunity to get your jabs in. I am known for being fairly longsuffering and have even been called NICE. You sir, for some reason, simply have prodded me one time too many. I guess it amuses you. I hope you've had your laugh for the day.

19. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

Allow me to assist you.......:saint:

20. preacher4truth

No, you don't know me at all, yet you went on an all out attack, including my ministry.

To attack me, and my knowledge, then my ministry because I don't agree with your deficient understanding of "greater sins", to throw in and attack my soul-winning efforts and Gospel preaching? Really?

That's nice.

Uncalled for and totally not lady like.