1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the govt have a responsibility to protect him?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Recently here in Syracuse, Kenneth Kaufman, 37, was just sentenced to prison for 15 years. His conviction was for a se/ual assualt on a female. At his sentencing, the defense requested that Kaufman be give protective custody, as due to his crime other inmates may be not be so acceptance of his crime.

2. HatedByAll

HatedByAll Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The constitution prohibits the government from using cruel and unusual punishment. Putting a despicable prisoner in a position where they will undoubtedly be subjected to cruelty by other prisoners is cruel and unusual punishment if there is no chance that they will be treated as a human.

For instance, Jeffrey Dalmer was murdered by another prisoner. Was anyone surprised when that happened? No! A person would have to be quite gullible not to know what would happen when someone like Jeffrey was placed with other prisoners. The one thing our Forefathers could not have predicted though is our use of capital punishment. The forefathers would have expected someone like Dalmer to be executed shortly after he was decidedly convicted. Locking them up for life or taking twenty or thirty years to convict someone when their guilt is obvious invites "fellow prisoner justice."

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with @HatedByAll. His sin is no different than any of the other inmates. The government should prohibit other inmates from practicing their own form of (in)justice.

I also think the entire "justice" system is entirely unbiblical, but that's a different discussion for a different time ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the idea that the prison guards "allow" prisoners to be molested by either guards or inmates is a national disgrace. I do not know if the practice is as widespread as indicated by our TV shows, but I hope not. I do know that it happens at least to a limited degree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like an interesting subject
    Why not start one ?

• Like Like x 1