1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does The New Testament Teach Irresistible Grace?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Martin, Jul 16, 2005.

1. OCC

OCC Guest

Johnp

1. I don't want revenge :cool:

2. No...I don't. :cool:

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Therefore, I did the same.
    what's that mean then?

john.

3. OCC

OCC Guest

Therefore...I...did...the...same....

:rolleyes:

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Sounds like behavior in kind to me!

5. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

The governor should have taken the persons punishment. There can be no excusing the offence.</font>[/QUOTE]Excuse me but that would then be ATONEMENT, not grace!

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

purty poor johnp, purty poor.

We know you done been had, when you respond like this.

7. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I can see that is not and apology or a call for peace. Just remember it was you false accusation that started this.

I'm not shouting, only STATING!
    </font>[/QUOTE]I did nothing to warrant an apology to you Wes. What false accusation? :confused: :rolleyes:

Well if you weren't shouting before you just did now. [​IMG] stop shouting dude...it's bad for our health.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Is memory loss a problem for you KJ? You falsely accused johnp, not me. It was your false accusation that I called you on, you owed johnp the apology not me.

You've had your revenge, now shut up about it already!

8. OCC

OCC Guest

Yes Wes, behaviour in kind. [​IMG] If you have nothing to apologize for then by all logical conclusive reasoning, I have nothing to apologize for either.

No, memory loss is not a problem for me and you had better watch your tone with me if you don't want me to report your post. False accusation? HA!

I've had no revenge. I do not want revenge. Do not tell me to shut up. And...do not shout at me. :rolleyes: [​IMG]

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God? Absolutely correct! Faith does not come by election! Hearing does not come by election, Salvation does not come by election! As in the old testament it is in the New testament, Salvation comes to those who have faith in God, and faith in God comes from hearing the word of God. Any other story is false doctrine.

Who gives you the word of God? Why God himself of course, but he does not force feed it into your spirit, He actually makes you do some of the effort to obtain the truth from the word.

Who is the Word of God? John says that Jesus is the Word of God. That is why we have much of what Jesus taught to the Apostles recorded in Matt, Mark, Luke, and John, so that we today can "hear the word of God", and believe.

Do you think it was by chance that you picked up the word of God? In my case no, I received the word of God from my mother's womb. However, for my cousins It may well have been mere chance that they picked up the bible to read it.

Why weren't you born among the ones who have never heard about the Word of God? Because my parents were not among them and their parents before them were not among them, and their parents before them were not among them. Kind of an ill thought out question if you ask me.

Have you ever thought that He might have DRAWN you to the Word of God? No, I've never thought that about myself, my mother, maybe, but not me, because I was fed the word from very early in my life.

Do you remember when you accepted Jesus(had faith in Him)? I remember when I confessed Jesus to be my lord and savior.

Are you sure that it wasn't Him who accepted you..drew you...chose you...elected you? I was in an untypical situation for mankind, my mother was a very Godly woman who insisted that I be in church with her every time the doors were open. Election was never a consideration in my faith. I always knew that God loved me and wanted me to live for ever. The bible told me so.

You might say yea but at first I didn't accept Him I walked away. Then you might say then I decided to accept Him and to have faith. I might say that, but I didn't.

I'll ask again:
    Are you sure that it wasn't Him who accepted you..drew you...chose you...elected you? Are you sure it was? God set the choice before mankind and told us to choose life. I choose life. I have Faith in God, he therefore according to the promise, accepts me as one of his own children.

10. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

So, report my post! Your pettiness is plainly evident!

11. OCC

OCC Guest

I'm not going to report your post...but only out of graciousness. As for pettiness...yer dang skippy. People have no problem reporting me for the littlest thing.

And stop shouting at me. :D

12. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.

I said: The governor should have taken the persons punishment. There can be no excusing the offence.
    You say: Excuse me but that would then be ATONEMENT, not grace!

Oh yea! Funny that 'a'?

It's nice to share our cultures with one another. I would say that it is you that's bin add mate. :cool:

Hello KJ

Is that what Arminians are calling revenge theses days? :cool: Use three words instead of one in the hope it goes away? :cool:

john.

13. OCC

OCC Guest

LOL I don't know John...he said them first. I just tried to quote him correctly. :cool:

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No I just like saying the obvious. For it is by grace you have been saved... needs an answer especially as this is being denied and it does not get answered.
    No it might be due to political reasoning or mitigating circumstances.
    The governor should have taken the persons punishment. There can be no excusing the offence.
    Sign a piece of paper?
    Get a petition going. Find extenuating circumstances. But if a person is in prison for a debt he could not pay and that payment is made then the person is set free regardless of whether he wants that debt paid.

How's that?

john.
    </font>[/QUOTE]-The governor taking on the punishment of the prisoner is atonement, not grace.

-However you want to cut it, politically or whatever, the fact of the matter is, a pardon is still grace being exercised.

-The prisoner has to do NOTHING to receive the pardon, just accept it (the peititions you threw in there would be done by his attorney, btw, not him). If he did have to fulfil some kind of commitment to receive the pardon besides receiving it, it would have been works, not grace.

-The grace that God has on man was in making His Son an atoning sacrifice for all of mankind's sin. It is by our faith (which we have since the moment of birth, not given) that we use in Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice and God's grace alone that we are saved. Receiving "the gift of God" takes no work, only acceptance and faith in Him. This is the entire message of salvation throughout the Bible.

[​IMG] Thank you for your honest answers on how you view grace.

Grace + ANYTHING = NO GRACE!

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who is the Word of God?

Do you think it was by chance that you picked up the word of God?

Why weren't you born among the ones who have never heard about the Word of God?

Have you ever thought that He might have DRAWN you to the Word of God?

Do you remember when you accepted Jesus(had faith in Him)?

Are you sure that it wasn't Him who accepted you..drew you...chose you...elected you?

You might say yea but at first I didn't accept Him I walked away. Then you might say then I decided to accept Him and to have faith.

I'll ask again:
    Are you sure that it wasn't Him who accepted you..drew you...chose you...elected you?

</font>[/QUOTE]

16. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Grace is powerless to do anything! It is the prevailing condition in which other actions or deeds take place. Grace remains grace regardless of what else is going on!

17. Corry Cox

Corry Cox New Member

Wes, that could be the scariest thing I have ever read.

&lt;&gt;&lt;
    IHS,
    cbc

18. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes, that could be the scariest thing I have ever read.

Stick around and you hear scarier stuff than that! :cool: Nice to meet you Corry.

john.

19. OCC

OCC Guest

"Grace is powerless to do anything!"

No woman scorned is EVER powerless to do anything.
    :D

20. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello webdog.
    The Governor taking on the punishment of the prisoner is grace in action.
    Think of it. A serial child killer pervert is released by Jeb Bush and that would be what? I don't think most of Florida would say that was grace in action.
    Think of it. A serial child killer pervert is released by God.
    We have no argument. Grace is grace and works is work. :cool:
    For sure He did no such thing. He swore an oath. Therefore, I swore to the house of Eli, `The guilt of Eli's house will never be atoned for by sacrifice or offering.' " 1 Sam 3:14.
    This is a new thing. And the scripture that supports this is where? Surely not in the bible.
    JN 6:28 Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?" 29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
    That is not what Jesus says. He says the work of God is to believe in His Son.
    Unless a man is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God.

What you think?

john. :cool: