1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does the RCC have any boundaries?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    His answer is Matt 7:3-5

2. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It’s missions they are attracted to, not just the RCC, aid organisations and UN efforts are also targeted heavily for the vulnerable in crisis situations.

Look at what’s in place now to protect Catholic kids, most organisations don’t even come close to what Catholics have in place to protect their kids. Much of the complaints now are historic.

The real damage done by this is to give the impression that Catholic teaching has changed, but it hasn’t. It was gaslighting by a small group pushing an agenda.

The fact is that as time goes on, Popes have less and less power to change anything. It is already established doctrine that homosexual acts are “intrinsically disordered “ and sinful.

Many may justly condemn sodomy by homosexuals, but they don’t see the vast mainstreaming and acceptance of sodomy among heterosexuals, it’s in plague proportions.
    It’s just as bad and is straight from hell.

#122 Cathode, Feb 20, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

4. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was way more than that. Again, I used to believe just like you do now (I was a Roman Catholic) and then I bothered to study the actual teachings of the RC denomination and the writings of the Early Fathers. And, most importantly, I studied the Word of God in relation to those teachings and writings. As a result, I became a Born-Again Christian, but still have many Roman Catholic friends.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which avoided the question of why a fraction of 1% of the population (peados) make up 3% of RCC clergy.

Obviously there is a reason for this attraction.

I suspect the doctrine of the RCC church that the priests have the power of eternal life or death over the congregants is one factor.

Someone with the “authority” to grant forgiveness or withhold grace and forgiveness welds great influence.

Imagine how the children are manipulated by these predators demanding favors. Literally, the child is taught the man abusing him has the power to cast him and his family into hell.

The “historic” element is the fact the RCC protected these men for decades (maybe centuries) moving them from church to church when their crimes were exposed.

It demonstrates the leadership cares more about the peado priests and/or the image of the church rather than the children.

This statement from the Pope is a step toward accepting same s:x marriage. Many Catholics understand the danger and are rejecting the Pope’s teaching.

peace to you

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I guess that is a good question? My answer is that any child abuse is too much. However, to ask a question such as why is the Pedo rate higher in the Catholic Church than with the general population and ignore that the rate in Protestant churches is just as high and many reports say even higher makes me wonder what your answer to that would be.

7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, the reports you cited, correct me if I’m wrong, are talking about s:x abuse in Protestant churches, which includes complaints from adults.

So, the % mentioned isn’t “peado”, but all reports of abuse.

Very different things.

peace to you

8. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You can do nothing against Truth. GOD is Truth. What matters and prevails is the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD Himself, self-executing, understand?

The Word of GOD, the Word is GOD Himself, says how DEPRAVED spiritual condition was (and is) in the Church of Rome since the first century -universal epistle of Apostle Paul to the Church of Rome-> Romans 1:16-32 combined with 1John 2:18-19, as follow:

18 For the WRATH of God is revealed from heaven(heaven?Ephesians 1:3-8 about true believers) against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of GOD is manifest in them; for GOD hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Spiritual condition of the Apostate Church of Rome and its idolatries since the first century -
    21 Because that, when they knew GOD, they glorified Him not as GOD, neither were thankful; but BECAME VAIN in their imaginations, and their FOOLISH HEART was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible GOD into an image made like to corruptible MAN, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore GOD also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of GOD into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature (Mary mother of JESUS, Apostles, and countless DEFUNCTS BEATIFIED BY THE POPES, like Madre Teresa), more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

AND THE CONSEQUENCES AND CHATISEMENTS AGAINST THE APOSTATE CHURCH OF ROME
    26 For this cause GOD gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (The apostate Church of Rome with her guides and followers corrupted itself exceedingly, and turned morally corrupt , perverted, a DEPRAVED Church since ancient times, today is full of pedophiles, abusers of childs, as happened in Canada, for example)
    28 And even as they did not like to retain GOD in their knowledge, GOD gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    30 Backbiters, haters of GOD, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    32 Who knowing the Jjudgment of GOD, that they which commit such things are worthy of de
    ath, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Get ready

9. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Catholic or not, what matters and prevails is the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD Himself, self-executing, understand?
    Every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
    And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. GET READY

You can do nothing against Truth, GOD is Tuth. The Word of GOD, the Word is GOD Himself, says how DEPRAVED spiritual condition was (and is) in the Church of Rome since the first century -universal epistle of Apostle Paul to the Church of Rome -> Romans 1:16-32 combined with 1John 2:18-19, as follow:

18 For the WRATH of God is revealed from heaven(heaven?Ephesians 1:3-8 about true believers) against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of GOD is manifest in them; for GOD hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Spiritual condition of the Apostate Church of Rome and its idolatries since the first century -
    21 Because that, when they knew GOD, they glorified Him not as GOD, neither were thankful; but BECAME VAIN in their imaginations, and their FOOLISH HEART was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible GOD into an image made like to corruptible MAN, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore GOD also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of GOD into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature (Mary mother of JESUS, Apostles, and countless DEFUNCTS BEATIFIED BY THE POPES, like Madre Teresa), more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

AND THE CONSEQUENCES AND CHATISEMENTS AGAINST THE APOSTATE CHURCH OF ROME
    26 For this cause GOD gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (The apostate Church of Rome with her guides and followers corrupted itself exceedingly, and turned morally corrupt , perverted, a DEPRAVED Church since ancient times, today is full of pedophiles, abusers of childs, as happened in Canada, for example)
    28 And even as they did not like to retain GOD in their knowledge, GOD gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    30 Backbiters, haters of GOD, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    32 Who knowing the Jjudgment of GOD, that they which commit such things are worthy of de
    ath, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Get ready

10. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The fact is this problem is everywhere through society and every church. You concentrate on Catholics because it suits your prejudice perfectly.

Catholics have fixed the situation mostly and have many things in place to protect Catholic kids.
    Protestants and Baptist’s haven’t put in place the same type of protections and they are still having the problem continue.

Cover ups happen in baptist churches as well, don’t think it’s just Catholics that tried to cover up scandal, it’s right through all the Protestant churches.

Look to your own houses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The most important in this current time, time of Apocalypse, is the RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT OF GOD, the Judgment Seat of Christ. Revelation 21:8:--> 8 But the idolaters, and fearful(cowards), and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The Word is GOD, GOD Himself, self-executing, understand?
    Get ready

Revelation 19:17-21
    17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun(The Greater Light - JESUS); and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven (heaven? Ephesians 1:3-8-true believers), Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great GOD;

20 And the (MAN) Beast was taken, and with him the (MAN) false prophet (THE FALSE MESSIAH, AN IMPOSTOR-John 5:43-47) that wrought miracles before him (before the MAN Beast of sea), with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the Beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were(will be) cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the Sword of him that sat upon the horse(true and everlasting Word of GOD, the Word is GOD Himself) which Sword proceeded out of his mouth

The Word is GOD, GOD Himself, self-executing, understand?
    Get ready

12. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When you get tired of talking brimstone that burneth, you may want to add intelligently to the topic at hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you aware of how many on this board see your post and scroll right by them. 90% is cut & past SDA propaganda that all SDA participants on this board have used for years. It is ineffective. Plus, you assume none of us understand or study God's word. We do and we just don't accept your faulty Ellen White interpretations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I understand the desperation to claim moral equivalence.

The SBC did not tell their pastors to bless same s:x couples. The RCC Pope did.

There is something about the power structure within the RCC that attracts child predators. That is simply historical truth.

Maybe the RCC has put protocols into place, I don’t know. The history is secrecy concerning these priests. That hasn’t changed. Hard to trust the word of folks who have converted up this perversion for decades (centuries?)

Again, the leadership seems more concerned about their image than protecting the kids.

Had these adults not come forward to reveal the abuse, it would remain hidden to this day. Being forced to address the issue AFTER public outrage really doesn’t inspire confidence.

good luck

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of that, since I was raised Catholic this SNL skit is both prevelant and funny. You see, Catholics must go to Mass each Sunday… it’s a sacrament so we always went….even when we vacationed. In any event, I fast forward to when I was 32 yo and my wife comes home and tells me she has a new friend at work, a black woman who invited her to her church and it’s fairly close so let’s go. OK here we are in a strange & new church (Pentecostal Church) and 8m immediately uncomfortable. Later the pastor calls us to follow-up and can’t understand my feelings of discomfort. My explanation is…I’m a white middle aged man, raised a Roman Catholic blah blah blah, wearing a black watch shirt & khakis:rolleyes: ya get the idea. My wife coming from a Northern NJ Dutch Reformed and then Presbyterian background was equally stunned. So this was kinda our reaction.:Wink
    snl - youtube last night - Google Search

#135 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  16. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah, I understand the feverish moral superiority, but really it’s unfounded.

There is something in every power structure that attracts predators, psychopaths and evil people in general, it’s called power. That has been true for millennia everywhere.

Well educate yourself and you won’t be talking from a position of ignorance spurred on by a sanctimonious prejudice.

Yes it has. There is a zero tolerance policy in place now.

That’s a thing of the past, it has more downside and consequences for leadership to not report and act openly. Allegations against priests bring immediate suspension right off the bat.

That’s true of any crime in any institution, anywhere.

Public outrage? How about Catholic outrage, since it’s Catholic kids we are talking about.

How long after it’s fixed will you continue the outrage, Catholics want to protect their kids like anyone else, and now have the best protections in the world.

There are countless millions of perpetual accusers out there like yourself, and in that environment, you want to continue the false idea that the Catholic Church leadership has done nothing, all whilst self admittedly not knowing the protocols the Catholic Church now has in place.

People need to look to their own houses and put in place the protocols the Catholic Church has in place, which is world’s best practice.

If it’s easier to accuse from ignorance, then don’t do it by halves, go full measure and earn full measure.

17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    More deflection. More “you guys are just as bad”.

Historically, Catholics have avoided addressing the problem, even parents. The false doctrine that the abusive priest controls the eternal fate of everyone in the family makes speaking out terrifying..

I do wish you well. Good luck

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have no hope that you will educate yourself on the changes the Catholic Church has made, you are in a comfortable ignorance.

Easy to be an accuser, it stems from the lowest darkest place. Being fair minded is impossible with that starting point. I don’t think you care more about Catholic kids than Catholics themselves.

Yes, historically. Not today. It’s something Catholics have addressed.

19. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently, it’s easy to be an abuser in the RCC. They are truly from the very darkest pit of hell.

I have no hope of the leadership of the RRC doing anything but dancing around the issue while kids are abused. I suspect many know abusers. Some may be abusers themselves.

Catholics are more likely today, at least from my ignorant perspective, to challenge their leadership when they make obvious error in doctrine, such as your Pope telling priests to “bless” same s:x couples.

One major problem is the false doctrine that the abuser priest controls the eternal fate of everyone in the family.

This may be the beginning of a 2nd great reformation of the RCC.

Now that would be a great blessing from God.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Only Catholic abusers, Baptist child abusers are all going to heaven, they are all saved apparently.

https://sbcec.s3.amazonaws.com/FINAL+-+List+of+Alleged+Abusers+-+SBC+REDACTED.pdf

Well if you are ignorant of what protocols are in place to protect Catholic kids then you can’t justify a hope whilst that ignorance prevails.

Thankfully you are ignorant.

I don’t see that doctrine in the Catechism, you sure you aren’t adding slander in addition to being an accuser?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.