1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does The RCC See faithful Jews/Muslims going to heaven?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nope most held that his kingdom was established already and that his return would herald the eternal aspect of the Kingdom and the consumation of this current life.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are completely correct. There are about three posters that need to be banned for doing nothing but disrupting the board with Catholic dogma. It is one thing to discuss differences, it is another to make light of core beliefs and replace them with heresey.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope! majority in first two centuries held to pre Mil view point, only started to change with heretic marcion, and than origen and Augustine developed idea of the RCC being the 'city of god' upon the earth!

For the larger part, Christian eschatology through the 2nd and 3rd centuries was chiliastic.[9] Many early Christian interpreters applied the earlier Jewish apocalyptic idea of a temporary Messianic kingdom to their interpretation of chapter 20 of John's apocalypse.[10] Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, and Tertullian all made explicit references to the concept of a thousand year earthly kingdom at Christ’s coming.[11]

“ The most striking point in the eschatology of the ante-Nicene age is the prominent chiliasm, or millenarianism, that is the belief of a visible reign of Christ in glory on earth with the risen saints for a thousand years, before the general resurrection and judgement. It was indeed not the doctrine of the church embodied in any creed or form of devotion, but a widely current opinion of distinguished teachers, such as Barnabas, Papias, Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Tertullian, Methodius, and Lactantius, while Caius, Origen, Dionysius the Great, Eusebius (as afterwards Jerome and Augustine) opposed it.
    For the larger part, Christian eschatology through the 2nd and 3rd centuries was chiliastic.[9] Many early Christian interpreters applied the earlier Jewish apocalyptic idea of a temporary Messianic kingdom to their interpretation of chapter 20 of John's apocalypse.[10] Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, and Tertullian all made explicit references to the concept of a thousand year earthly kingdom at Christ’s coming.[11]

“ The most striking point in the eschatology of the ante-Nicene age is the prominent chiliasm, or millenarianism, that is the belief of a visible reign of Christ in glory on earth with the risen saints for a thousand years, before the general resurrection and judgement. It was indeed not the doctrine of the church embodied in any creed or form of devotion, but a widely current opinion of distinguished teachers, such as Barnabas, Papias, Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Tertullian, Methodius, and Lactantius, while Caius, Origen, Dionysius the Great, Eusebius (as afterwards Jerome and Augustine) opposed it.

Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Aw, now, let them be. You have defended my being here, and to some I am just as bad or worse than them. :)

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am bowing out of the discussions. I had no idea until a little while ago that there were people from our board going to Catholic boards for the purpose of disrupting them. There is no excuse for it either way. Had I known it was part of a behind the scenes game, I would have never entered the threads.

6. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Well, I have to agree.

This is just one more reason for me to lessen my participation here. I hate this kind of junk.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, this is 'Other Christian Denominations' board, you know. You want to ban 'other Christians' from it?

#67 kyredneck, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The apostle Paul viewed the kingdom as NOW:

But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; then they that are Christ`s, at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power. 1 Cor 15:23,24

Just as good works are that which is tangible of the spiritual birth within His people, so the Church is [the Churches are] the visible manifestation of the reign of God here on earth.

"We have the glowing descriptions by all the prophets, but especially in the Book of Isaiah, of the time of the new covenant, with its blessings to Israel and to mankind. That these bear reference to a spiritual world-wide dispensation in the Messianic days needs scarcely argument, any more than that all the conditions of it have been fulfilled in that dispensation which was introduced under the New Testament."

"All that had been national, preparatory, symbolic, typical, would merge into the spiritual reality of fulfillment." Alfred Edersheim

#68 kyredneck, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Only if they are Calvinists

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ????

....whatever....

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

ditto.........................

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Paul saw the Church here upon the earth, but also looked forward to future second coming of jesus, to set it up in full upon the earth!

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist