1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does this support Creationism or Evolutionism?

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Yeshua1, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, no it doesn't.

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record, I believe in a literal 6 day creation of the Earth (Genesis 1:3-31). And materially the earth existed prior to the 6 days (Genesis 1:1-2) which accounts for the 4.5 billion years in the Solar System. I believe the Sun became the star that it is on day one. The fourth day the debris was blown past the earth where the Sun and Moon with the stars became visible as distinct lights in our Earth's sky.

#42 37818, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you cite the basis for this belief?

4. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that there is zero Scriptural evidence for this view.

5. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    @37818

Adam and Eve. Created as adults/teens or little babies? You have dodged this question several times now.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That depends - for the sake of the discussion, according to certain branches of Modern Physics (Which I took at Syracuse University at Utica) The universe is still expanding with ongoing creation.

News | Aging Universe May Still be Spawning Massive Galaxies

Also it depends upon what you mean by "Half Life". If you mean isotope half life then how do you relate it to the age of the universe?

https://www.nde-ed.org/EducationResources/CommunityCollege/RadiationSafety/theory/decay.htm

• Like Like x 1
  7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The half life of isotopes. And that relates to the 4.5 billion for the age of our Solar System, not the universe. The age of the universe is based on measurment of its rate expansion. The current measurments place the age of our universe at about 13.7 billion years. No earth rocks date 4.5 billion. Moon rocks and meteorites are the bases for the 4.5 billion (and unlead gasoline, from an episode of Cosmos, LOL).

#47 37818, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many Half Life theories of geological dating show that it is not reliable.

https://www.nde-ed.org/EducationResources/CommunityCollege/RadiationSafety/theory/decay.htm

Radiometric Dating Does Work!

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Mcgraw Hill Science and Technology Encyclopedia on the dating of the geological ages only gave one cite for (one rock) for each age (if I remember correctly). The reason I mention this is the so called geological time scale is based on what would be the global flood evidence, which was one event which took place at one time.
    Now the issue is if we accept the dating of the coasts to the bottom of the Atlantic trench, that sets the flood as well as the 6 days of Genesis 1 to be about 300 million years ago. Just saying.

10. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I believe this is the 4th time now, Adam and Eve. Created with maturity or crawling babies?

11. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you meant that Noah's Flood predates Noah by 2,000 years? What written record do you have that is more than 7,000 years old?

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what you are talking about exactly. The Genesis Flood destroyed the known world before Noah and caused the land mass to break up into seven continents. I think that even secular geologists agree that the land mass was broken up into seven continents at one point.

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Geology can show that the Noah's Flood was worldwide by the deposit of fossils all over the world for one thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you are an old earther and believe in millions of millions of years, which is science that dates back to the Enlightenment although the idea goes back to the Greeks and the Hindus.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a great deal of evidence about half-life and there have been many threads here about it. For one thing, there is no chain of custody to show that the rate of decay was the same always.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture is clear that Adam was created as an adult and so was Eve.

Genesis 1:27-30 (KJV) So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein [there is] life, [I have given] every green herb for meat: and it was so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evolution is a lie that is trying to get people to focus of the truth of the scriptures and God as the Creator to natural processes, and so no need for a God even! And old earth Christians still have a real problem with explaining how there can be death and other bad things before the fall even happened!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but do you agree it is the same dirt/mud/water that was here pre-flood just in different locations?

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calculating the age of The age of earth, the Milky Way or the universe is a totally misplaced application of Half Life.

Admittedly a better tool for measuring the age of the earth, Milky Way and the universe is the use of the Red Shift theory.

Measuring the Age of the Universe | Las Cumbres Observatory

However IMO Hubble's formula is flawed because it does not include the coefficients of time compression/expansion.

Time and Space Compression - Cyborg Anthropology

Time compression is exceedingly complicated. My higher math studies only touched upon it (with a D grade) and I moved on to the computer science field - later came Theology/Greek/Hebrew.

So OK back in the day I realized that Modern Physics/Higher Math was beyond my intellectual boundaries - not to mention the fact that in those days I was newly saved.

But here is a research start for those - if any - who want weariness of the flesh and where perhaps science and theology might meet (in a friendly manner).

Time-Space Compression - Geography - Oxford Bibliographies

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The water that was under the earth in the fountains of the deep was left on the surface as the oceans. All of the life on earth pre-flood was deposited in the graveyard of fossils that is everywhere on the earth. The Genesis Flood touched off the Ice Age that lasted 700 years and covered about 30% of the earth. The collision of the tectonic plates pushed up high mountains along the coasts. For the first time, plants were no longer sufficient food for man and man was allowed to eat animals (people who try strict vegan diets often become very ill).

Genesis 9:3 (KJV) Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.