1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Your Church have A Christian School?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by dianetavegia, Mar 8, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Does your church have a school? What grades does it cover? Is it open only to Christians or the community? Does it use home school material?

Our church is hoping to add Pre K and Kindergarten in the next year or so to our pre-school program. We have quite a waiting list for our pre-school! Church members get first preference.

Diane

2. cdg

cdg New Member

My church has a preacher's school. I go to a Christian School that has a five member board representing five different churches.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We endorse home-based education in our church, so probably 75% of the kids are taught at home. They do get together for music and some activities, but not as a "school".

Both Christian Schools (one BJU and one ACE) in Casper had 300+ students. Pastors drove them into the ground and closed them. Pastors. Sad.

My grandson will be in a "christian" school run by a disciples of Christ church. That, or the catholic or seventh day adventist are the only private schools left.

4. showard93

showard93 New Member

We had one for 2 years and my son went there. It was only for our church so it was very small and was becoming very expensive so my children will be going to another Christian school next school year.

5. Loren B

Loren B New Member

We are currently a 3 yr old through 8th grade school operated by our church. We get students from all over our community. There is a strong home school emphasis within our church, so more students are homeschooled than come from our own church. We struggle financially because of competition with other christian schools in the community. Most do not do the job very well but seem to have a niche because of loose standards or a "tail wagging the dog" athletic program.
    It is truly a ministry. If it were not for the burden for real christian education in this community, I believe that we would have closed our doors long ago.
    There are a couple of good ACE schools but I believe that we are the only traditional one that is really attempting to do it right.
    I have often heard it said, that if you want to get even with another pastor, encourage him to start a christian school.

6. mortenview

mortenview New Member

We have a Christian School in its 34th year. We have K-12 ... no pre school ....I would like to have one - but need the personel to run it.

We also have a Home School institute where students are enrolled - we keep a transcript of grades and diploma upon graduation.

Our school has mostly students from our church. We do have some from other Independant Baptist Churches. One from a Lutheran Church and one that has no church.

I am cautious about taking students from other churches .... we go over our statement of faith and the parents must realize that our school is a ministry of our local church ... not a separate entity.

Most folks from other religions will not agree with our statement of faith and standards .... I don't even consider them for our school.

We use the KJV in church and school .... uniforms ...girls wear a jumper (any color .. etc) that is modest. The kids will be taught the Bible and we don't tolerate the infusion of any false teachings etc. from those who may come in from other sources.

Both the student and the parent MUSST sign the student handbook ... signifying that they have read, understand it and will abide by it.

7. Brutus

Brutus Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We just celebrated our 50th year, we are k-3 through 12. At one time we were running over 300. But due to plant closings and families moving away to take new jobs we are down to 125 students.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes.

K-12

It's open to anyone in the community, but all attendees must adhere to the mission statement and school policies, with full understanding that instruction will be in accordance with SBC Baptist teachings. Church members get preference, and get a discount, as well.

No. The material is chosen annually by a board made up of the dept heads, principal, and pastor of education.

BTW, my cousin's church also has a school that's K-12, open to the community, and they also have a postgraduate facility for persons seeking a masters or doctorate of divinity, operating as a sattelite campus of United Theological Seminary.