1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doing Puzzles

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by kathleenmariekg, Nov 7, 2020.

1. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think this is the correct subforum, but I don't know where this goes.

Does anyone like to do puzzles? I am addicted to puzzles right now. I always have one spread out on a table. When I get on the phone with people, it keeps me calmer to work on a puzzle as they talk about all the things they are afraid of and mad at right now.

A local Dollar Tree has some okay puzzles for $1.00.

I prefer 300-350 piece puzzles, for now.

2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God bless you for your neutral, or rather upbeat posts during this election cycle. Puzzles sound like a good suggestion. I might do better to work on puzzles sometimes myself right now. They would be good therapy. But I have to settle for other means. God is good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you want to share your methods of self-soothing?

It might sound childish, but I bought myself a box of 64 Crayola crayons, when I saw them on sale. I am saving them as a holiday present for myself. I am not sure what I am going to use them for, but holding the box in my hands made me feel safe. As a child, there was an episode when my mom (hmm... maybe it was someone else LOL) bought me a box of 64 crayons and a coloring book just for me. I had nothing else but those crayons and coloring book and my clothes, and clung to those silly crayons. I had never had a box that large that was mine alone.

I remember specific colors that were my favorites that were not included in a smaller box. I am not sure if the colors are the same now. I will have to wait to find out. I have not checked yet, but I think some artists have used Crayola crayons to make grown-up level pieces of work. I am going to search for some videos online.

I bought a skein of yarn and some super cheap needles that look they will bend too much to use. But they will work to sit down and reteach myself HOW to knit, if one day I decide to sit down and watch and follow along to a video.