1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don’t touch my stuff

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Pastor Sam, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Pastor Sam

Pastor Sam Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't Touch My Stuff

[​IMG]

Our houses are filled with stuff. Good stuff, bad stuff, useless stuff, useful stuff, needed stuff, and stuff without need or purpose. To one person your stuff may be considered trash to others or yourself you consider it your treasure. How we store our stuff can be as different as each individual. Some may pile it in the basement, others may store it in the garage, or maybe you have a special room for it. Other may just have it sitting around the house.

Just as we have stuff in our homes we have stuff in our lives. Again some of it is good stuff, bad stuff, useless stuff, useful stuff, needed stuff, and stuff without need or purpose. I am not going to tell you what to do with the stuff in your houses but we have some stuff in our lives we ought to consider getting rid of.

We need to get rid of stuff that hinders our walk with God. When have things in our live that hinders our walk with God we will find that we cannot be effective as a Christian. So we need to get that stuff out of our life.

We also need to get rid of stuff that hinders our service to God. I once had a man in my church who wanted to serve God but he had a bad habit that would hinder his effectiveness as a servant of God. Once he got rid of it he was very effective in his service for the Lord.

We also need to get rid of stuff that hinders our prayer life. If we can’t effective talk to God because of sin in our life, we cannot be effective. Confess sin and ask God for His forgiveness and dump that bad stuff in the trash.

We also need to get rid of stuff that hinders our faithfulness to God. You can be effective in God’s service if you aren’t there when you are needed. So that stuff needs to be taken out and put in the trash can.

After you get rid of the stuff that hinders there is no telling what you can and will do for the Lord. So you can keep the good stuff but get rid of the bad stuff that hinders.