1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Donald Trump’s Vaccine

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by canadyjd, Aug 7, 2023.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are folks on this board that continuously post negative info about the Covid vaccine. Those same folks are mostly strong supporters of DT.

This thread is NOT about the vaccine.

This thread is about why DT supporters give him a pass on the vaccine. The last est is to claim VP Pence is responsible for the vaccine and was deliberately undermining DT.

DT initiated “Operation Warp Speed”. It was a streamlined effort to produce the Covid vaccine. The usual safeguards were bypassed. The clinical trials were rushed. The pharmaceutical companies were given civil and criminal immunity and tens of Billions of $$$$.

In short, decades of regulations and protocols were abandoned. Why?

I believe it was politics. DT was being blamed (unfairly) for the pandemic. DT wanted a political victory so he could claim he got the vaccine in record time, just before the election.

For all those who see the Covid vaccine as a deliberate assault on the world… why do you give DT a pass?

peace to you

2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Donald Trump wanted the country to NOT be locked down. If you remember, he also went all in to get ventilators built, because he was told they were needed to save lives. Did they save lives? No. It was practically a death sentence to be placed on one. Is that Trump’s fault that he believed what he was told by the experts?

He was NEVER in favor of mandates.

Pence WAS in charge of covid response.

People who share my anti vax position, & who also support Donald Trump think that he should address what has transpired since the ‘emergency measures’. He would gain much if he would at least take a position against this vax being added to children's vaccine requirements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for answering directly.

Pence was placed in charge of the Covid response by DT. That does not negate the fact DT pushed operation warp speed. It was his idea. DT pushed for protections to be side stepped. DT pushed for immunity for big pharma.

He told VP Pence “this is what I want done, go make it happen”. Pence did exactly that.

By saying DT didn’t want lock downs or mandates, you are saying DT is an ineffective leader. He can’t get what he wants done.

Additionally, he has not spoken out against children getting the vaccine. Children have near perfect immunity and yet, they are being experimented on with this vaccine.

Why will DT not come out against children being vaccinated? Because he is concerned with how he will look taking a stance against his vaccine. I don’t believe he cares about the children’s health, only his own image.

DT owns this vaccine, for better or worse. By pushing the blame to Pence, it is saying “the buck stops somewhere else, not DT”

peace to you

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have wondered the same

DT has repeatedly taken credit for the development of the vaccines. He has continually said all three in the US are safe and effective, saying everybody should be vaccinated.

DT was also the President that shut down the economy at the beginning of COVID.

5. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for answering directly. Every post you make shows your anti Trump position. Too bad. Do you like Emerald Robinson? I tend to agree with the majority of what she says……..like this:

IMG_5302.jpeg

I was not replying to Jon.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump was the President who locked down the country (getting it "unlocked" was the political nightmare).

“What we’ve done is historic, Don’t let them take away — don’t take it away from ourselves. You’re playing right into their hands when you sort of like, ‘Oh, the vaccine.’ ”

“Now one thing: When you have the vaccine, people that do [get infected] — and it’s a very small number relatively, but people that do get it — get better much quicker, and it’s very important to know. They don’t get nearly as sick, and they get better. [Sen.] Lindsey Graham is an example. He said, if I didn’t have this vaccine, I would have died"

"The federal pause on the J&J shot makes no sense...Just six people out of the nearly 7 million who’ve gotten the Johnson & Johnson vaccine reported blood clots.”

7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not doubt that is the sentiment among a lot of DT supporters. They see him as anti-establishment and there is truth to that.

It is also true that DT has embraced a lot of policies of the deep state, including out of control federal spending, protections for big pharma, “green agenda” ( in some cases), pro trans policies concerning use of rest rooms/locker rooms.

He has been unfairly attacked, his administration undermined from the inside and outside, unfairly prosecuted and criticized. People see him as being treated unfairly and a lot of people support him simply to show disapproval for the way he has been treated.

IMO, many see him as something he is not. He is NOT our only hope to stop the radical liberal agenda. He isn’t even our best hope. He might not be even in the top 5. AND, he might hurt more than he helps.

He owns the vaccine. It’s his. He continues to embrace it and not denounce the push to vaccinate children.

Surely some of his supporters will question his motives.

Thanks for the comments

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd add, since conspiracy and profit incentives often creep into this topic, that we also have to remember Trump owns stock in Pfizer and J&J. ;)

9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I didn’t know that. What is your source? Most POTUS’s have blind trusts, I think.

peace to you

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The financial disclosure he released April 2023. Trump owned stock in Pfizer, Merck, Celgene and GlaxoSmithKline, Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Shell, Chevron and Exxon Mobil.

I don't think that is actually odd, since he is an investor. And I'm not saying he bought a bunch of stock. Just that he also profits from stock gains.

11. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, that’s a little over two years after he left office.

Im not really worried about that either, though it does demonstrate continued support for the vaccine and big pharma.

peace to you

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not really worried about that either. It just goes into the conspiracy mindset.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Are you saying Trump knew better and he pushed it anyway? From your post I cannot get a bead on just what you are accusing Trump of. Simply tying him to the vaccine in a generalized fashion seems obtuse. (Not calling you anything)

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is my point. Many DT supporters are fervent anti-vax and yet they give him a complete pass on responsibility for the vax.

It was DT that initiated operation “Warp Speed” He initiated a change in the way vaccines are approved. Many safe guards within the approval process, in place for decades, were bypassed in favor of rapid approval. The Pharm companies were given immunity and billions of dollars to produce a vaccine in this “emergency” effort for approval.

I am not anti-vax. I think the vax is appropriate for at risk folks (elderly, preexisting conditions)

This is DT’s vaccine, for better or worse. I simply do not understand why anti-vax folks give DT a pass on responsibility.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I don't give him a pass I just don't care. It's not an issue for me. The lockdowns and the demonization of those who would not take it are. The destruction of people's lives because they would not take it are at issue for me. Trump had nothing to do with that. Trump was responding to what he believed to be truth. His attempts were genuine unlike so many others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should care.

His efforts were politically motivated. He was being blamed (unfairly) in the press for Covid deaths and not doing enough to stop the spread.

He took the same attitude toward producing a vaccine that he took to building the skating rink in NY: cut the red tape and do whatever is necessary to get it done in record time… meaning to produce that vaccine before 2020 election.

Any concern about harmful side effects or proper scientific process were secondary to getting that vax out before the election so he could take.credit.

He complained the pharm companies conspired to not release the vax until after the election to hurt him.

Not once has he spoken against the child vax mandates. Not once has he spoken out about the continuing deaths among otherwise healthy young people who suddenly develop heart problems or die within days or weeks of getting the vax.

Not once has he spoken out about the ineffectiveness of the vax to prevent reinfection or spread. Not once has he addressed the billions of tax payer money given to pharm companies regardless of the success (or not) of the vax and the immunity from lawsuits given to them. Even if deaths are attributed to the vax, they can never be held accountable. That, too, belongs to DT.

He wants credit for trying, and no blame for failure, which is no different from any lib and the policies they push.

Again, you should care.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope

His efforts were politically motivated. He was being blamed (unfairly) in the press for Covid deaths and not doing enough to stop the spread.[/quote]

prove it. You can read his mind? It appears to be assuming the worst with little evidence. Sorry it doesn't pass the smell test.

Again reading his mind. Did he say this was his reason for doing this?

What you fail to see is he is a business man. He has a long non political history of doing business this way. He is not a politician. Half the reason I support him. Cutting red tape is just how he has lived long before he became President. You are intentionally misreading him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right. That is what I said He approached producing the vaccine like he built the skating rink in NY. Cut the red tape. Get it done fast.

He removed the protocols in place for decades for research and production of a vaccine. He gave pharm companies immunity and tens of billions of tax payer dollars to produce a vaccine that many of his supports believe is ineffective (at best) and/or deadly to many people.

He has not spoken out against mandating the vac for children… why not??? Saying “I don’t care” doesn’t really help the kids.

Even if his supporters believe politics played no role in his decisions (mind reader?), they are still giving him a pass for “good intentions”.

Peace to you

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure he removed the protocols but it was under an emergency protocol. The protocol changed as he was informed that covid was far worse than it really was. There were in fact protocols in place. Under normal protocols it would have taken years to get the vaccine out. He did not do anything for politics, he did not do anything underhanded, nor did he do anything that hasn't been done prior.

Again the vaccine itself is not as much an issue as was the mandates.

20. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has DT spoken out against vax mandates for children? Not that I have heard. Why not?

Imo, “Operation Warp Speed” was a political effort without question. DT wanted that vaccine before the 2020 election so he could take credit. He even accused the Pham companies of deliberately withholding the vaccine until after the election to hurt him.

Why would he make that claim if the effort wasn’t political?

He was in charge. He made the decision. The buck stops at DT’s feet for better or worse.

As far as saying “he hasn’t done anything that hasn’t been done prior”….

1. I don’t know if that is true, especially concerning vaccines

2. By saying that, you are simply admitting DT is just like all the other politicians that have done similar things in the past.

I really believe I understand.

DT is a symbol of rebellion against the corrupt establishment. It really doesn’t matter what he does or believes at this point. He is the one and only bandwagon to jump on to oppose the establishment and it’s corruption if the establishment is able to defeat him through misconduct, and blatant criminal activity, the foundations of the republic are threatened and many see no future beyond DT if he is loses again.

peace to you