1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Donald Trump Is Proving Too Stupid to Be President

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m starting to suspect that Donald Trump may not have been right when he said, “You know, I’m like a smart person.” The evidence continues to mount that he is far from smart — so far, in fact, that he may not be capable of carrying out his duties as president.

There is, for example, the story of how Trump met with the pastors of two major Presbyterian churches in New York. “I did very, very well with evangelicals in the polls,” he bragged. When the pastors told Trump they weren’t evangelicals, he demanded to know, “What are you then?” They told him they were mainline Presbyterians. “But you’re all Christians?” he asked. Yes, they had to assure him, Presbyterians are Christians. The kicker: Trump himself is Presbyterian.

Or the story of how Trump asked the editors of the Economist whether they had ever heard of the phrase “priming the pump.” Yes, they assured him, they had. “I haven’t heard it,” Trump continued. “I mean, I just … I came up with it a couple of days ago, and I thought it was good.” The phrase has been in widespread use since at least the 1930s.

Or the story of how, after arriving in Israel from Saudi Arabia, Trump told his hosts, “We just got back from the Middle East.”

These aren’t examples of stupidity, you may object, but of ignorance. This has become a favorite talking point of Trump’s enablers. House Speaker Paul Ryan, for example, excused Trump’s attempts to pressure FBI Director James Comey into dropping a criminal investigation of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn on the grounds that “the president’s new at this” and supposedly didn’t realize that he was doing anything wrong. But Trump has been president for nearly five months now, and he has shown no capacity to learn on the job.

More broadly, Trump has had a lifetime — 71 years — and access to America’s finest educational institutions (he’s a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, he never tires of reminding us) to learn things. And yet he doesn’t seem to have acquired even the most basic information that a high school student should possess. Recall that Trump said that Frederick Douglass, who died in 1895, was “an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more.” He also claimed that Andrew Jackson, who died 16 years before the Civil War, “was really angry that he saw what was happening in regard to the Civil War.”

Why does he know so little? Because he doesn’t read books or even long articles. “I never have,” he proudly told a reporter last year. “I’m always busy doing a lot.” As president, Trump’s intelligence briefings have been dumbed down, denuded of nuance, and larded with maps and pictures because he can’t be bothered to read a lot of words. He’d rather play golf.

Donald Trump Is Proving Too Stupid to Be President

#1 Crabtownboy, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder how well you or I would do if God quizzed us like he did Job though?

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Episodes of ignorance are a daily occurrence with the man. For a while I was postings his daily gaffes but gave up on it. Too easy.

Just yesterday he tweeted he's under investigation and has been for months for colluding with the Russians. This after saying last week he was totally vindicated and was not under investigation for colluding with the Russians.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are saying that general knowledge question that Trump does not know the answer to is like God asking us deep question.

Trump claims he is a Presbyterian and yet he did not know that Presbyterian ministers are Christian.

Trump did not realize when he landed in Israel that Israel is in the Mid-East.

Trump didn't know that Andrew Jackson was not alive during the Civil War era.

Trump thought that Frederick Douglas is still alive and growing in popularity.

Trump didn't realize that by firing Comey that released Comey allowing him to testify under oath.

Trump picked a fight with Qatar and seemingly did not know we have an important air base there.

Just a beginning showing his ignorance ... or stupidity.

Thanks for agreeing that Trump is, at best, extremely ignorant and at worst really stupid.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Obama thought that there were 52 states, and everyone has made gaffs and mistakes while president!

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's unfortunate that the president, or anyone running for same, is expected to be a bundle of knowledge for the country. The presidency is many offices in one, but the president himself is treated as the embodiment of all, nearly as much as the British monarch. For most of our history, presidents have gotten away with ignorance about many things because the press would not report it for fear of losing access, as well as that it was just "the way of things" to keep the public ignorant-- thus, few people knew FDR was a wheel chair cripple or that JFK had many mistresses, who, is they threatened to 'go public' were paid off by RFK.

As for being a Christian, Mondale in 1984 showed a complete lack of understanding of what that means. When asked if he was one, he replied, "Well, I was raised in a Christian home and I learned a lot about Christians." Of course he was a secular humanist, as he had otherwise admitted, but he wouldn't say that. And how many of them have actually consulted spiritualists or astrologers?... Grant, Wilson, FDR, Nixon, to name a few.

Let's face it... US presidents are actually a dumb and deceptive facet of Americans.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Funny. When you Lefties aren't calling him stupid, you accuse him of being the diabolical mastermind who colluded with Vladimir Putin in "hacking" the election.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've never called him a mastermind. He may have handlers who are, but not Donald.

I doubt Trump knew that Putin was manipulating him and that he was colluding with Putin. After all Trump isn't very smart.

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One example. Would you like a daily update on Trump?

10. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Except that our security services agree Trump never colluded with Putin during the election process. But of course that goes against the your narrative.

• Like Like x 1
  11. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is anything too hard for the Lord? Or, "I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight." Why not trust the Lord to either use our President or remove him. I am certain that it is not the Holy Spirit leading the rebellion against the President.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The religious left on this board never gets a word wrong or makes a mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please give me a reference to your posted reply ... otherwise it is just opinion. Thanks.

14. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

James Clapper Director of National Intelligence - "We did not include any evidence in our report, and I say, ‘our,that's N.S.A., F.B.I. and C.I.A., with my office, the Director of National Intelligence, that had anything, that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report.”
    Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., who sits on the intelligence committee, told CNN she does not have evidence of collusion between Trump associates and Russia during the campaign.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give them time. We are in the early innings of this game.

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too early in the game to make such final judgments.

17. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Especially according to the experts at WaPo and HufPo.

18. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Especially anyone who remembers how long these investigations take.

Now Trump has hurt himself with is tweets and his mouthing off. It may take less time than normal if he keeps this type of self-destruction up.

19. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh how the anti-Trump people hope so. You'd love to keep him tied up with pointless investigations from now on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, verily. That indeed is the truth!

The oppostion is of the Devil.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1