1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don't call on US in a crisis!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by windcatcher, Jan 18, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

And what about Cuba?

The libs keep telling us what a fantasticly superior medical system Cuba has !!!:love2:

How many doctors and how much medical supplies has Cuba sent to Haiti?

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The truth comes out.... but not on MSM:

The airport was tied up due to politicians, Hillary et. al could arrive for their photo opt that they went to Haiti.

Canadian rescue workers already packed and ready to go ......in anticipation of an over the weekend training exercise, and familiar with rescue operations involving earth quakes and landslides, etc....... COULD HAVE BEEN IN HAITI LAST WEDNESDAY and were so informed by their command for a change in plans which would route them to Haiti before they received orders 'TO STAND DOWN" from (our?) government co-ordinating the relief.

Sorry, but no link found to this radio report........yet.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Just saw on the news where a cargo plane from China tied up the airport for 2+hours...doing a photo-op.

Man, what a mess this country is. It's sad how many will lose their lives.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Rev, if you've ever read the book about Smedley Butler, a patriot soldier, you's know that the US has been involved in Haiti and South America since back before FDR. It may still be available on line. i found it by accident and had it bookmarked on my other computer before it coughed up its last. He is credited with saving FDR from a military take over of our government.... by revealing the plot of a handfull of powerful politicians and wealthy men, (some very close to Roosevelt who were never prosecuted nor removed).

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you accuse the US of cause Haiti to be in there current state (pre-earthquake) then you have no credibility. It is absurd.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Don't know exactly what you're trying to say here as I'm not aware of saying anything resembling your remark or conclusion.

You questioned the credibility. Concerning what? My own post and personal opinion????? Or the quote which was cited as presented. I changed nothing and had nothing to do with its author.

Whether the facts are right or wrong as stated in that report, I wasn't its author and whatever you may think of the source.... I quoted it as written so my credibility should not have been in question. The web source is one, which unless I'm sorely mistaken, I think you've used before. But the book I told you about reading was a military officers' report of various experiences and included some expected outcomes which he was assigned in the capacity of being a military advisor and detailed how he manipulated the people and economics of the country to meet his assignment. So, as the quoted material doesn't state how many times our country might have exerted some intervention in Haiti, I am aware of at least one historic figure who gave an eye witness account of involvement in such action. That is credible for me.

Really, Rev, sometimes you can be so curt and concise that whatever you mean to state isn't clear.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From your quote in post #11:

I assumed since it was your quote it would be clear to you.

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Now............ I understand what you were saying.......

As much as I flamed you before.....

I NOW realize your exceptional patience!
    -------------------------------
    Regarding my take on that statement
    ......... I agree with the author that the US has had some military interventions with Haiti

....... I do not agree with that author's opinion that the US military is responsible for Haiti's economic woes.

(imo) Their economic poverty or destruction is the result of their own people complicity and their government's corruption and gambling with the wealth of its people and the natural resources God provided.