1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don't Let your Family Watch Oprah!

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Havensdad, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

And the fascination with Oprah by members of this board continues. :rolleyes: And if you watch to the end, this is hawking a book.

I see people jumping all over Oprah, yet very little on here complaining of Tom Cruise and John Travolta's Scientology. Why worry about what a celebrity thinks? Most of them will NOT agree with you. Big deal!

#2 Magnetic Poles, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

The Big Deal is that Tom Cruise and others tend to come off as "whacky" > not many people follow what he says.

Oprah on the other hand, is being watched by hundreds of thousands of mothers across the U.S. every day, who are raising our children. Christians are being slowly led astray by these teachings.

THATS why it's a "big deal".

4. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Yeah ;)

I can't say I'm surprised that people listen to Oprah. Gullible and willfully ignorant.

2 Timothy 4:1-5 (KJV)
    1: I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
    2: Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
    3: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4: And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    5: But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, I'm equal opprotunity...I have no problem with stating they are falsel prophets, too.

I don't understand your love for Oprah...why any professing child of God would support an open new age anti God talk show host.

6. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

He's thinly veiled. :saint:

7. Magnetic Poles

Where did I say I love Oprah? :confused:

Boy, ya need, I say, ya need to learn ta read!
    [​IMG]

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Problem being most people are not flocking to Scientology because of Tom Cruise and John Travolta, but millions are flocking to Oprah and her religion.

9. Magnetic Poles

Nobody is forcing them. It is a free marketplace of ideas.

10. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Oprah is definately designing her own religion....consistant with new age philosophy.......

My concern,...... Jesus said 'my sheep hear my voice.'