1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don't tell me God isn't good....

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by JamieinNH, Feb 12, 2008.

1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

So I was readind MSNBC today and ran across this article and the last paragraph caught my attention.

Article

They are talking about the show Survivor and how the contestants get paid depending on when they are voted off.

Here is the last paragraph.

By the way, the very first person voted out of the very first season of “Survivor,” Sonja Christopher, donated her $2,500 to her church, which used that as the seed money to start a campaign that recently raised $1 million. And that first season's million-dollar winner, Richard Hatch, is currently in jail after being convicted of failing to pay taxes on those winnings.

You have to give credit to Sonja Christipher for donating her winnings to her church, and how they have used that to raise more money to help their cause.

Then there are people like Richard Hatch that won, and should be all set and instead he is in jail for not paying his taxes.

God is good!

Jamie

2. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Indeed God is Good! That goes to show how some have no idea how to handle a blessing!

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Just because I am a contrarian, using this existing earth as the standard for comparison, what changes from this planet would we onserve if God was not good? For example, should we expect to see more tornados? What percentage increase would privide the minimum evidence that god was not good? This problem has bothered me for a long time.