1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Door Knocking? C vs A

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Salty, Nov 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read them also but the bible is the authority not your or my commentators, no matter how Godly they may seem to be.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, God's elect have to hear and believe the gospel of Christ. And God uses faithful preachers and teachers of His Word to effect this in time for all of those whom He chose before the world began.

Ephesians 4:11-16 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

3. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not questioning that He uses means to accomplish His will. Like creation, conviction of the Holy Spirit, the gospel, etc. All of these are for all men so that as God said all may come to salvation.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I already gave you an explanation by faithful gospel preacher. That's all you will get from me. I don't believe in reinventing the wheel every time you ask a question that someone else has already answered and who is far better at commentating on the Bible than me.

5. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have dealt with what you have written, via scripture and my own words. You do not seem to accept that man actually does have a God given free will so as to trust in the word of God for salvation.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    On that we can agree. God's Word is the authority.

7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go denying scripture again. What do you think [Romans 10:9-10] & [Ephesians 1:13] are saying?

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK --- YOUR POINTS HAVE BEEN MADE -

LETS MOVE ON

If you have forgotten,
    here is the OP

We found the old door-to-door VERY ineffective. Families are scattered with a gajillion activities for kids; often when adults come home from work, they look for down time, NOT uninvited visits.
    Have you found door knocking to be effective?
    What evangelism methods do you use to evangelize?

9. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do you agree with [Romans 11:20-22] or not? A simple Yes or No will suffice.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, all as in all of God's elect, chosen by Him before the world began.

@Silverhair, you paint a picture with your words that you think that God is peering down from Heaven and anxiously, nervously, waiting and hoping that someone will finish the work that His Son, Christ Jesus, began.

You are wrong, Silverhair, very, very, very, very, very wrong. Christ said, "It is finished!" and that settles it, regardless of what you think or say.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man does not have a supposed "God given free will". That is a blatant falsehood. God doesn't give sovereignty to His creation. God is the Potter and He does what He wants with the clay. Period!

12. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken this will be my final post on this as Salty would like us to return to the OP topic. A person is only elect once they have trusted in Christ Jesus and this upon hearing and believing the gospel message.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I will finish my part in this discussion with this:

Ephesians 1:3-6 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Romans 8:29-30 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.