1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Bob, this is hitting close to home.

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jailminister, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abraham KNEW how evil sodomites were and the sexual perversion was all-pervasive of that society.

He "jewed" God down to agreeing if only TEN righteous were there - figuring Lot, his wife, two unmarried daughters and two married daughters and their husbands would be EIGHT!

He just didn't know that even eight was too high a figure.

BUT . . at the same time, I didn't see any "God Hates Fags" signs near Abraham's tent, nor a monument in his park. :rolleyes:

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I always wondered if Phelps realizes that God hates his sins as much as any other (perhaps moreso, since he is the one toting the Bible, and therefore should know better).
    I think Phelps may have been violated by some man somewhere (probably when he was young), and is now lashing out at all gays because of it. People like that generally are preaching to themselves (like preachers who have blasted heterosexual sin, and then get coaught in it themselves, thus having a problem with it). That is the way man often reacts to things.

3. Xingyi Warrior

Xingyi Warrior New Member

I've often wondered if phelps has some issues we don't know about. I don't support homosexuality but his caustic hatred is fanatical and seems to have no basis for justification. I wonder if he realizes that by taking this stance that he is actually helping the gay and lez movements by drawing sympathy. While I feel for Mathew's family as I would for anyone who suffers a loss, I am not so sympathetic to Mathew himself. From what I gather from my friends who live in Laramie and went to UW when this happened, Mathew Shepherd was basically regarded as a male whore who would sleep with anyone(male) that didn't try to sleep with him first. If he had been a little more discretionary with his lifestyle then he probably could have spared his family all that grief. Hey, Dr. Bob...what was your impression of Judy Shephard? Some friends of mine have some friends who are associated with GLADD (Gays and Lez against defamation) who say that she's a real pill to work with cause she's got an attitude.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very outspoken, caustic. Twice the size of Rosie and twice the attitude of Ellen Degenerate. She's been on the news a lot around here.

Same morals as her son. Alley cats are more monogamous than the sodomite/lesbian crowd around here.

5. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

After thinking about this for a while, it occurs to me that the Bible says not to delight or to take pleasure from the fall of another. Maybe that applies in this case?